Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
So far remote play works on PS1 games. I'm unaware of any other games that currently work (I'd like to know too!). They haven't announced anything but of course they'll be adding PS1 support to the Vita, there are loads of PS1 games and it's "money for old rope". I just hope they add PS2 support too.

Lair
Lego Batman
Pixel junk Shooter

Work also. But are very laggy tbh and barely playable.

----------

Does Playstation Plus add any benefits to Vita ( cloud saves, stuff like that )?

Not too much. Some price benefits for PSP titles. Free mini's from PS+ though when you start them you get an error message. Sony are meant to be working on it.

I imagine we will see some cross over and more exclusive PS+ content once there is a more abundant supply of content for the vita.

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
England
Anyone rccomend unit 13. Is the online any good. Im really thinking about downloading it now.
Someone should have beat activision to making the vitas first online fps. Theyd have made a killing. I would have bought it in a second.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Anyone rccomend unit 13. Is the online any good. Im really thinking about downloading it now.
Someone should have beat activision to making the vitas first online fps. Theyd have made a killing. I would have bought it in a second.

Download the demo. The final game is pretty much same thing, if you like demo then yep.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I want PSOne Classics on my PS Vita. :rolleyes:

I want those, and also new games. I don't think I've bought a new game for my Vita since the launch week.
Disgaea is out at the end of the month. (starting to remember why I usually wait a year before picking up a console)

Greeneggsnospam

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2012
Disgaea looks nice, but I'm not a big fan of strategy games like that. Long time to wait for nice PS Vita games (just like waiting before for 3DS games). Still playing through WipEout 2048 and Uncharted. I'm about to finish Escape Plan too.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Craving some new vita games.

I know it had a good launch, but the tide has certainly subsided and there is very few new vita games on the radar in the next few months. Hopefully e3 brings a sunami of titles.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Craving some new vita games.

I know it had a good launch, but the tide has certainly subsided and there is very few new vita games on the radar in the next few months. Hopefully e3 brings a sunami of titles.

I hope so too!
Disgaea turned up a couple of days ago. It's great and I'll sink so many hours into it... but it's still a port of a PS3 game. Got Mortal Kombat on preorder too.

Going to E3 this year and I'd love to play some new and original Vita games.

And I've been wondering about PSN versus Vita cards - what do you go for? I've been opting for cards since they're £5-10 cheaper on online stores, and with Vita storage prices as high as they are I just don't have the room for many downloads.

skottichan

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus, OH
I hope so too!
Disgaea turned up a couple of days ago. It's great and I'll sink so many hours into it... but it's still a port of a PS3 game. Got Mortal Kombat on preorder too.

And I've been wondering about PSN versus Vita cards - what do you go for? I've been opting for cards since they're £5-10 cheaper on online stores, and with Vita storage prices as high as they are I just don't have the room for many downloads.

I think the game I'm most excited for is Gravity Rush. It just looks like such a fun and strange little game.

As to PSN v Vita card, I tend to go with the Vita card, but that's just because I have this weird need to have cases and junk on my shelves. If not, I sometimes forget I have game is I don't see them on the shelf.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I hope so too!

Generally cards too, like you say at €50 for a 16GB card and with online retailer discounts the physical product is often cheaper than the PSN title sadly. I'll stick to arcade PSN downloads, full games - cards all the way (unless there is some super PS+ discount).

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
Yup I need some new games now and I really wish I was into srpg then I would be all over Disgaea. I'll wait for resistance Burning Sky and Gavity Rush.

I'm having fun trying to beat you guys race time on motorstorm RC but it gets pretty hard on the later tracks and thats when I get bored.

I'm hoping Soul Sacrifice is a Demon/Dark Soul type of game....I can imagine myself sinking hours into that.

Bless

Ungibbed

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2010
USA
You can now sign up for the LBP beta. See the PlayStation blog.

Did that just this morning :D

I have an import model Vita which has been starved of games for a while. That being said, I still love uncharted and my Japanese Vita works just fine on the US store. I bagged a 32GB Vita storage card in prep for possible demos or beta trials without having to fight for storage space.

Between both my 3DS and my Vita, Sony packed that machine for the long haul with it's visual abilities and other neat features. Still, I can't part with my 3DS. I love Nintendo's classics that can't be found anywhere else.

Now I just hope I can make it into the LBP beta. Just seeing that game and Uncharted on a portable had me sold!

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
England
20120508whitevita3.jpg

Would trade my black Vita in for this one. Looks gorgeous. Only coming in Japan though :(

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
England
Sure we will get it at some point though.

While on the subject of design, does anyone else think that the Vita would feel and look so much better with an aluminium rim rather than the silver plastic one. Just something that bothers me a little, probably from being spoilt by Apple's amazing industrial designs. Apart from that the Vita looks great imo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.