Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

G77

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 12, 2010
Looks great:

ultra_key_inline.jpg

ultra_key_inline2.jpg

ultra_key_inline3.jpg

Here is link to Logitech page with info

ldenning

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2003
Back protection compatible?

My question is whether it can accomodate iPad's with the snap on back protectors on them.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Definitely does look good I'll give it that. May be tempted to pick one of these up after I see one in person.

G77

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 12, 2010
My question is whether it can accomodate iPad's with the snap on back protectors on them.

It looks like it should be compatible with snap on cases which are compatible with smart covers. We will see in reviews...

clyde2801

macrumors 601
Last edited:

geoelectric

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2008
Looks sweet, but don't like that you can't use any cases. Wish iLounge had weighed it--that's my big outstanding question about it.

petvas

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2006
Munich, Germany
i just got the keyboard and it is amazing. The keys are a bit small but I can now hold my iPad on my lap and type :)

great stuff!

RabbitLuvr

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2011
Kansas City
I picked one of these up, and it looks nice with a blue Belkin Snap Shield on the back (white iPad). I went with this one over the Zagg because of the ability to use it in portrait or landscape, and also because the Logitech is slightly less heavy.

The ONE thing I dislike about it is that it doesn't really hold itself closed against the iPad, so it kinda flops around in my bag if I don't wedge it in tightly. I guess I can deal with this, if I'm careful when putting it in my bag.

Can anyone else comment on this, maybe I got a bad unit? Or could the tiny clips holding the Snap Shield on be keeping it from staying closed?

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
Awesome!!!

Using it right now.

Only gripe, and it's minor, the keyboard layout is a little different from the virtual keyboard on the iPad.

jfrancis04

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2010
Can anyone report back on what it's like to type on a flat, smooth table-like surface? Does the keyboard tend to stay in one place?

I noticed it doesn't have any rubber feet to keep it from sliding, but perhaps the weight alone is enough.

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
Can anyone report back on what it's like to type on a flat, smooth table-like surface? Does the keyboard tend to stay in one place?

I noticed it doesn't have any rubber feet to keep it from sliding, but perhaps the weight alone is enough.

The back is an aluminum finish similar to the iPad. I could image it can slide around. Might consider going to the Hardware store and get a set of self adhesive rubber feet.

One more gripe, needs Sleep/Wake function.

mobilebuddha

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2008
have you guys tried capslock key and the "i" key?

after I hit capslock key, everytime i hit the "I" key, it gives me "[ I ] I [ /I ]"

(w/o the space in between the double quotes) i had to put space there to show the text otherwise MR thinks it's BB code and interprets it.

does this happen to you guys?

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
after I hit capslock key, everytime i hit the "I" key, it gives me "[ I ] I [ /I ]"

(w/o the space in between the double quotes) i had to put space there to show the text otherwise MR thinks it's BB code and interprets it.

does this happen to you guys?

Yup, it also happens when you type U & B with Caps Lock on.

THAT SCKS OOPS!!! I mean That Sucks!!!

But I think it only happens when entering thread posts.

mobilebuddha

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2008
I don't have time right now.. but have you tried other forums? I'll give it a shot tomorrow night myself.

Yup, it also happens when you type U & B with Caps Lock on.

THAT SCKS OOPS!!! I mean That Sucks!!!

But I think it only happens when entering thread posts.

Benbikeman

macrumors 6502a
May 17, 2011
London, England
Just a heads-up for those in the UK, the Logitech site now has these available to order with an 'In stock' status. I've just ordered one, so hopefully will receive it in the next few days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.