Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eternlgladiator

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Twin Cities
Mods, feel free to move this mac apps if it doesn't belong here. Wasn't sure.

So I've made a playlist to go along with interval training for my iPod and carefully chose a bunch of songs to be shortened and match my regime. I put them in a playlist, edited their start/stop time how I liked and left it. Now I'm listening to music in my library and a couple songs came up with those times intact. I want the times to apply in the case of the playlist but not anywhere else. Do I need to make a copy of the song and rename it to accomplish this or can it be done more easily?

Thanks

cheekypaul

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2005
Mods, feel free to move this mac apps if it doesn't belong here. Wasn't sure.

So I've made a playlist to go along with interval training for my iPod and carefully chose a bunch of songs to be shortened and match my regime. I put them in a playlist, edited their start/stop time how I liked and left it. Now I'm listening to music in my library and a couple songs came up with those times intact. I want the times to apply in the case of the playlist but not anywhere else. Do I need to make a copy of the song and rename it to accomplish this or can it be done more easily?

Thanks

hi eternal, if i understand you correctly (it's not a very clear post) yes you need to copy them. you could also burn a cd from the workout playlist you made, and re-import. the cd will burn with the start/stop times you've altered.

eternlgladiator

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Twin Cities
hi eternal, if i understand you correctly (it's not a very clear post) yes you need to copy them. you could also burn a cd from the workout playlist you made, and re-import. the cd will burn with the start/stop times you've altered.

Thanks. I just duplicated and renamed them. The cd is a good idea though. Thank you!

mannix87

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2005
in the southeast
Or you can load the tunes in garageband and make a single file out of your playlist. It'll be no different from a DJ mix with fade in, fade out or what not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.