Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mark28

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 29, 2010
The 22nm 2.7 ghz Core i7-3820QM with 8MB Cache has a TDP of only 45W.

An Ivy Bridge is 20% faster clock for clock than a Sandy Bridge CPU, so it's a nice boost.

Free Ale

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2012
I think

Low end 15": 2.3ghz
High end 15" and 17": 2.7ghz

Both high ends can be upgraded to 2.9ghz. Atleast, I hope.

chilly7

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2012
Nobody knows here on the forum what Apple will relise, it is just pure speculations.
Just better e-mail Apple support in Canada if u're really intrested in this.

p.s. I just did it for u, because i am intrested too in a new 15 or 17 inch Mac Book Pro and here is an answer from them.

The 15 inch will be awailable in two standart confugurations.
The second standart confuguration will be
The Top of the line standart model of 15 will be
with 3720QM which is clocked at 2.6 KHz and via Apple online store can be upgraded to 3820QM which is 2.7Khz but with 8mb cash vs 6mb cash which is on 3720QM for as little as 250 Canadian Dollars.

p.s. As it turns out :D 3920XM which is clocked at 2.9Khz is not awailable from Apple, but u can get it from Dell from a new upcoming AlienWare laptop of from a new ucoming Presicion laptop too,,,,

Last edited:

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
Nobody knows here on the forum what Apple will relise, it is just pure speculations.
Just better e-mail Apple support in Canada if u're really intrested in this.

p.s. I just did it for u, because i am intrested too in a new 15 or 17 inch Mac Book Pro and here is an answer from them.

The 15 inch will be awailable in two standart confugurations.
The second standart confuguration will be
The Top of the line standart model of 15 will be
with 3720QM which is clocked at 2.6 KHz and via Apple online store can be upgraded to 3820QM which is 2.7Khz but with 8mb cash vs 6mb cash which is on 3720QM for as little as 250 Canadian Dollars.

p.s. As it turns out :D 3920XM which is clocked at 2.9Khz is not awailable from Apple, but u can get it from Dell from a new upcoming AlienWare laptop of from a new ucoming Presicion too,,,,

I seriously doubt that Apple will tell you what upcoming configurations are. They will tell you what's available now, but not what's coming with Ivy Bridge.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.