Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

testdrive

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 1, 2012
While transferring some pictures from friend's iphone 4s, I noticed that his pictures were 200mb while mine were 2.5 gb. Both phones used the default camera app. How can you change resolution or space pictures take up?

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
While transferring some pictures from friend's iphone 4s, I noticed that his pictures were 200mb while mine were 2.5 gb. Both phones used the default camera app. How can you change resolution or space pictures take up?

You can't change anything (resolution, image quailty, video quality) in the default camera app.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
There are camera apps that let you change the size of the photos you're taking. Those apps can also save to the camera roll. So it's possible your friend is using one of those apps.

But as Mars said, none of your numbers make sense. So I also think you're looking at videos or something.

SurferMan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2010
South FL
You must either be looking at total space being used and videos too, which obviously you have more of both if he has 200MB total and you 2.5GB total. Not that hard to understand lol, HD videos especially eat up space on the 4S.

testdrive

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 1, 2012
Sorry guys, let me repost my question:

While transferring some pictures from friend's iphone 4s, I noticed that his pictures were 200-500kb while mine were 2.0-2.5 mb. Both phones used the default camera app. How can you change resolution or space pictures take up?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.