Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

magicpinkdrink

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2010
Michigan
For the last week or so, my phone is not staying connected to wifi. Everytime I unlock my phone I have to manually go to settings and tell it to connect to the network again. It happens both on my work an home networks, which have worked fine for the past 19 months, and nothing was changed on either network.

I have tried rebooting, doing a hard reboot, and restoring from backup. My last option is restore as new, but I cringe at the prospect of getting everything back to the way I like it. Has anyone had this problem, and found a fix?

Of course it is just out of warranty, and Apple already gave me a free out of warranty replacement last fall when it made an epic dive into the toilet, so I doubt I'd get that lucky again. I am eligable for an upgrade, but signing another contract with AT&T would be the absolute last resort after their recent actions regarding my dsl account. We are trying to make it to September when our contracts are up and switch. It's more of an annoyance than anything, but if anyone knows of a fix I'd sure appreciate it!

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Same was happening to me.

I ended up renewing the lease and forgetting the network and then re setting it up.

No issues now.

magicpinkdrink

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2010
Michigan
Omg thank you so much! That worked like a charm. I had tried leaving and joining the network with no luck but with doing renew lease first it works again! Yay!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.