Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mulo

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2010
Behind you
Are you getting a better framerate than I am (around 15-16 FPS)?

got around 30FPS on my setup (see signature) the Beta client is crap though, it was only threaded for one core, so thats why it ran so slow, I'm sure the final client will run much smoother.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
What you say here is simply wrong. I have an iMac with two aditional screens and you hav windowed fullscreen in Diablo three just as you have in Starcraft 2 and World of Warcraft. Actually I have my fullscreen diablo on my iMac and my browser on my third screen when I write this. My guess is you are telling it to go fullscreen and not fullscreen windowed.

I think his point is that making a game go fullscreen (not windowed) should not make secondary monitors go blank.

nilka

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2008
I think his point is that making a game go fullscreen (not windowed) should not make secondary monitors go blank.

As I already said blizzard include 3 options. Fullscreen, windowed fullscreen and normal windowed. Fullscreen makes the other screens go blank, windowed fullscreen gives you fullscreen while the other screens dont go blank and windowed makes it windowed.

There is one really important reason fullscreen makes the other windows go blank. As an example I will use starcraft 2 and normal fps games.
If your other screens dont go blank this means you can move your cursor into them. When you do this in starcraft your map moves to that direction. And you have to move the mouse much further to get it back on the right screen. This lost me 10-15 games of sc2 before I decided I had to play with proper fullscreen. God forbid you click on an application while you are out of your screen then you loose even more time. The same things go for FPS.

Going fullscreen windowed mode gives you full functionality on your other screens, it gives you fullscreen on the game, and all graphics and stuff work as in fullscreen.

So what is it that he lacks in these options? What he says he want is all in the function windowed fullscreen.
If you disagree I would really like to know what functions that work differently.

Pressure

macrumors 603
May 30, 2006
Denmark
As I already said blizzard include 3 options. Fullscreen, windowed fullscreen and normal windowed. Fullscreen makes the other screens go blank, windowed fullscreen gives you fullscreen while the other screens dont go blank and windowed makes it windowed.

There is one really important reason fullscreen makes the other windows go blank. As an example I will use starcraft 2 and normal fps games.
If your other screens dont go blank this means you can move your cursor into them. When you do this in starcraft your map moves to that direction. And you have to move the mouse much further to get it back on the right screen. This lost me 10-15 games of sc2 before I decided I had to play with proper fullscreen. God forbid you click on an application while you are out of your screen then you loose even more time. The same things go for FPS.

Going fullscreen windowed mode gives you full functionality on your other screens, it gives you fullscreen on the game, and all graphics and stuff work as in fullscreen.

So what is it that he lacks in these options? What he says he want is all in the function windowed fullscreen.
If you disagree I would really like to know what functions that work differently.

Ah, I totally missed the "Fullscreen Windowed" option, so you can save your veins from bursting. Thanks for guiding me in the right direction.

Sorry, not used to neither World of Warcraft or StarCraft 2.

Ice Dragon

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
got around 30FPS on my setup (see signature) the Beta client is crap though, it was only threaded for one core, so thats why it ran so slow, I'm sure the final client will run much smoother.

30 on average or 30 at your lowest?

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
Because of the art work, it's hard to tell what objects can be destroyed and what is just background art.
That was the same case for Diablo I and II, so it is probably a design choice. Personally, I vastly prefer it like this. I hate when I can see where to go, just based on things setting out from the background.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.