Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aellul

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2011
hi all,

i have an issue that's driving me nuts.

i create a worksheet in excel for mac and so some formatting and would look great on my mac. everything would be in place (margins, columns, rows etc..)
when i open the same sheet on windows excel, nothing is in place! what used to fit in one page wide on mac, take two pages on a windows. the rows also change the height. it is like it has grown taller and fatter. basically you would have to re format the whole sheet. once done and try to open it on my mac, the reverse happens!!! it becomes condensed smaller and thinner.

any idea what is going on?

thanks and kind regards

aldo

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Nothing that you have said here is at all surprising. That said, I have never found this to be an issue. The reason is that my colleagues and I use fonts that are available on both operating systems. This is best accomplished by using Microsoft default fonts.

Three questions:
  1. Which version Excel:mac?
  2. Which version Excel:win?
  3. Which fonts in spreadsheet?

aellul

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2011
hi thanks,

yes in fact i'm using the same fonts available on both versions:

answers:
1:eek:ffice 2011 for mac
2:eek:ffice 2007 for pc
3:trebuschet ms (i tried other office font too)

thanks

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Check your Page Setup, zoom level, etc. It's probably that you have different view settings selected between the computers.

aellul

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2011
the set up changes, however when changing these still the view is different and do not match.

thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.