Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vishankparikh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2012
Hey guys, i have an iPhone 4 locked with AT&T.

iPhone Details

iPhone 4
Current iOS - 4.3.3
Modem Firmware - 04.10.01

Want to Update my iPhone to iOS 5.0.1 (right now)(with Preserving Baseband)

Tried Snowbreez, custome restore from iTunes...error error error

Request you all to guide me through this update..

I also heard that apple have stopped signing 5.0.1

is there any other way to update my ios to 5.0.1...

Please here, Thanks in Advance..

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Hey guys, i have an iPhone 4 locked with AT&T.

iPhone Details

iPhone 4
Current iOS - 4.3.3
Modem Firmware - 04.10.01

Want to Update my iPhone to iOS 5.0.1 (right now)(with Preserving Baseband)

Tried Snowbreez, custome restore from iTunes...error error error

Request you all to guide me through this update..

I also heard that apple have stopped signing 5.0.1

is there any other way to update my ios to 5.0.1...

Please here, Thanks in Advance..

No reason to post this in 2 sections.

If you haven't updated to iOS 5.0.1 in the past and saved your SHSH and APTicket then there is no way to update to 5.0.1.

vishankparikh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2012
No reason to post this in 2 sections.

If you haven't updated to iOS 5.0.1 in the past and saved your SHSH and APTicket then there is no way to update to 5.0.1.

can i update to 5.1? with preserving Baseband?

and wait for the untethered?

and will the OLD Gevey sim unlock my iPhone on 5.1?
which also unlocks 4.3.3 on 04.10.01 BB?

JT17

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2011
Are you on Windows or Mac? I might be able to help if you're on a PC.

JT17

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2011
You should have SHSH blobs for iOS 5.0.1. You can check by opening up Cydia and it should list all the blobs you have at the top.

ZCherub

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
GA, USA
Not possible right now unless you have SHSH Blobs & APTicket for 5.0.1 saved. If you haven't been on 5.0.1 before, you don't have them saved and cannot update to 5.0.1.

Your only Jailbreak option now is 5.1 tethered JB using RedSn0w. Tutorials on iClarified.com tell you how to do this while preserving your modem firmware.

Good luck!

vishankparikh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2012
You should have SHSH blobs for iOS 5.0.1. You can check by opening up Cydia and it should list all the blobs you have at the top.

I am Currently on 4.3.3

never ever updated to 5.0.1..

no blobs saved..

JT17

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2011
Sorry, I could have been mistaken. But I had iOS 5.0.1 blobs when I was on iOS 4.3.3. I must have downgraded or something.

ZCherub

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
GA, USA

Why "should" he have blobs saved? He doesn't appear to have ever been on 5.0.1 before...

vishankparikh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2012
Not possible right now unless you have SHSH Blobs & APTicket for 5.0.1 saved. If you haven't been on 5.0.1 before, you don't have them saved and cannot update to 5.0.1.

Your only Jailbreak option now is 5.1 tethered JB using RedSn0w. Tutorials on iClarified.com tell you how to do this while preserving your modem firmware.

Good luck!

crap..np
just one more thing

will my OLD GEVEY unlock my iphone on 5.1 after preserving BB?

thanks buddy

vishankparikh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2012
Unless he's got blobs & APTicket - no you can't.

----------

I'll let someone we chime in here since I haven't tried the Gevey unlock personally. Again, good luck!

Sorry bro dint got you...

just tell me yes/no

will the GEVEY unlock my ios 5.1 (unjailbreaked) with preserving BB?

Thanks

ZCherub

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
GA, USA
Sorry bro dint got you...

just tell me yes/no

will the GEVEY unlock my ios 5.1 (unjailbreaked) with preserving BB?

Thanks

In the first part of my post, I was talking to JR17.

In the second part, I was telling you I don't know about the Gevey unlock because I've never used it, & that I'd prefer to let a member that is experienced with it advise you since I don't want to steer you wrong.

vishankparikh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2012
In the first part of my post, I was talking to JR17.

In the second part, I was telling you I don't know about the Gevey unlock because I've never used it, & that I'd prefer to let a member that is experienced with it advise you since I don't want to steer you wrong.

Ok np bro...

i saved my blobs for 4.3.3

now updating to 5.1 with preserving BB..

let me know about the Unlock...asap

Thanks

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
To answer your question about the unlock- yes, Gevey should work with the preserved baseband. It did when 5.0 and 5.0.1 came out and I'm sure it shouldn't be a problem now.

Krafty

macrumors 601
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
Cydia saves blobs for you automaticly once you start using Tinyumbrella or by hitting make my life easier in cydia.
So you dont have to be on 5.0.1 to have those full blobs saved for that version.
Question - what is APTicket? I have blobs saved on Cydia but I don't know what APTicket is.

NanoNyrd

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2011
Question - what is APTicket? I have blobs saved on Cydia but I don't know what APTicket is.

It is normally saved together with the blobs, so you don't notice that you have it. Unless you used TinyUmbrella to save blobs very early on, before they worked out how to bypass the "improved" shsh mechanism in iOS 5 then you will have them saved together with the other shsh blobs.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community

When TinyUmbrella was first updated for 5.0.1 firmware, it did not save the APTicket with the hash file. Subsequently, @notcom released a newer version of TU which did save the hash and APTicket file together.

So it was necessary to re-save and overwrite the older hash file with the newer, complete hash file after the updated TU came out.

The newest Redsn0w can verify if your 5.0.1 hash file has the APTicket
Extras-SHSH-Query

Krafty

macrumors 601
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
It is normally saved together with the blobs, so you don't notice that you have it. Unless you used TinyUmbrella to save blobs very early on, before they worked out how to bypass the "improved" shsh mechanism in iOS 5 then you will have them saved together with the other shsh blobs.

When TinyUmbrella was first updated for 5.0.1 firmware, it did not save the APTicket with the hash file. Subsequently, @notcom released a newer version of TU which did save the hash and APTicket file together.

So it was necessary to re-save and overwrite the older hash file with the newer, complete hash file after the updated TU came out.

The newest Redsn0w can verify if your 5.0.1 hash file has the APTicket
Extras-SHSH-Query
Alright, thanks for the replies. Probably gonna stay on 4.1 but I just wanted to know.

ZCherub

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
GA, USA
What this guy said ^^

If you've never been to 5.0.1, there's a slim chance Cydia save them automatically.

Actually, Applejuiced corrected me above & stated that Cydia can in fact save them without updating if the correct option is selected.

----------

Alright, thanks for the replies. Probably gonna stay on 4.1 but I just wanted to know.

As someone who just made the jump from 4.1 to 5.1, I would absolutely recommend the update!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.