Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

klm9210

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2012
When did you get your first iPod? What model was it? :)

Me? A white 2GB Nano in 2005.

Kate.

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2009
US
3rd generation with the four buttons bought in 2003. I still have it but it's been dead for a few years. It feels like an absolute brick compared to my 5th gen. nano. I've owned two classics, a mini, and a nano and that little 3rd gen. beast was by far my favorite.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
3rd generation with buttons and red lights. Best iPod ever. Still works but the battery won't hold a charge. I use it almost every day.

el-John-o

macrumors 68000
Nov 29, 2010
Missouri
Well I hafta admit,

I never did the iPod thing. In my mind, there were tons of competitive products with similar or more storage for a fraction of the price (and usually, more features like FM radio). So my first iPod was my iPhone 4 32GB I got in 2010!

That said, I really do like the accessory market, compatibility and integration with everything, and how much better it plays with iTunes, et al. Definitely the best mp3 player out there, but it took them adding a smartphone into it to finally sell me. That kind of a feature is hard to look past :cool:

Steve.P.JobsFan

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2010
Columbus
A blue 8GB iPod Nano 4th Generation. It was a gift for Christmas 2008.

B001FA1ND2-4-th.jpg

yateseyd1991

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2011
UK
iPod Mini 2nd Gen 4GB in blue, paid £2 for it :D

:apple: iPhone 4S 32GB White, iPad 3 16GB Black, iPod Video 5.5G 30GB Black, iPod Mini 8GB CF Mod, Shure SE 425's :apple:

TheSuperSteve

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2011
Puerto Rico
2nd generation iPod touch was my first. It started my downward spiral into the Apple universe. Now almost every piece of tech I own has an Apple logo on it. :p

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Jun 21, 2011
My first iPod was a 2nd gen touch. I then moved to a zune after getting mine stolen. Then a 3rd gen touch followed by and 4th gen touch then a second gen nano. Finally the iPhone 4.

roisin and mac

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2008
nano 4 gen, in early fall '08. I bought it in the green, because I have a weakness for green in general. I was pretty happy with the color...until the next generation came out and the lineup included a gorgeous, dreamy emerald green that was *exatly* my favorite shade of green :eek:

It burned, but I got over it quick because I knew I had gotten mine when I honestly needed it, not just as a random whim - my ancient little creative Muvo from like '04 had finally given up the ghost :p Of course, it could be that what made the biggest difference was the brand new iphone that was in my pocket and piping music in my ears when I saw those new ipods :p

But I didn't stop using the ipod, it actually turned into he perfect setup because I began to use the ipod for hooking into my sound system at home (and in the car for road trips) so even though I got my iphone when my ipod was still fairly new, I still got tons of use out of the ipod. Still am!

babens

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2012
30 GB black iPod Video, purchased in December of 2005, and still in fairly regular use. The battery only lasts a few hours now, but I mainly use it docked in my speakers in my kitchen, so not too big of a deal.

Gatecitybee

macrumors member
Dec 24, 2011
Greensboro, NC
1st Gen iPod Touch. A friend I used to play poker with had got it for Christmas and didn't want it, so I bought it on a whim.

I used the heck out of that thing. It was really my introduction to how Apple did things.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.