Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LagunaSol

macrumors 601
Apr 3, 2003
He was really just trolling. (Or shorting, but that seems a bit sophisticated). I am sure I will now get a warning message even though he called the whole forum stupid about a dozen times yesterday.

Unfortunately MacRumors never seems to have any interest in dealing with the real trolls. After all, trolls are good for traffic. Why, half this thread is made up of replies to the absurdities and firebombs posted by the very troll you mention.

Sadly it's those who call them out who end up on the naughty chair. Go figure. :rolleyes:

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
Sigh. I understand where you're coming from – IF you haven't bothered to read the start of this thread, which explains apple's word choice. You can like it or not, but it seems lazy to have strong opinions without reading the material. Sorry-- I'm probably reacting to kids in class who did this too often. Peace!

I read the whole OP and scanned the first two comment pages for "CPU". What is the reason for their word choice?

----------

Unfortunately MacRumors never seems to have any interest in dealing with the real trolls. After all, trolls are good for traffic. Why, half this thread is made up of replies to the absurdities and firebombs posted by the very troll you mention.

Sadly it's those who call them out who end up on the naughty chair. Go figure. :rolleyes:

I already got suspended for calling someone a "moron" who was blatantly trolling a thread. Don't worry; it's the internet! It's impossible to get banned.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
unfortunately macrumors never seems to have any interest in dealing with the real trolls. After all, trolls are good for traffic. Why, half this thread is made up of replies to the absurdities and firebombs posted by the very troll you mention.

qft.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Just saw on CNBC that Exxon Mobile's profits fell 10% to $9.45B for the quarter. I believe that means Apple will have posted the highest quarterly profit of any publicly traded company this quarter. That just blows my mind. A technology company that makes a handful of products is the most profitable company in the world. Who'd have imagined that 10-15 years ago. :eek:

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Sure your head is perpetually spinning as you are not reading carefully....The world is active downloading and sitting communicating via overused gadgets losing social skills. Sure, it is a multitasking world for college graduates to work in the service sector sending resumes all night long trying to get one job per two diplomas. There you go for so much money. Over 10K vacant houses in Vegas, scarce jobs, the USD falling again today, get a grip pal. Apple does not oblige, they tell people what they need and the populace obliges. You are forgetting about the instrumental element. Where is the fun in it all?

No, I can read just fine. You just think you can spin like an NBA player and not get caught walking. Your rants are all over the place. It's more than obvious.

Too bad you live in the 21st century. Emily Post would appreciate your lament over the loss of social skills. I mean what kind of world do we live in today where men don't doff their top hat when greeting a woman, and women are not only allowed to drive, it's expected of moms!

Ha. ha.

Burger Thing

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2009
Around the World

Best post of the day.

Konrad

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2009
Bi-continental
No, I can read just fine. You just think you can spin like an NBA player and not get caught walking. Your rants are all over the place. It's more than obvious.

Too bad you live in the 21st century. Emily Post would appreciate your lament over the loss of social skills. I mean what kind of world do we live in today where men don't doff their top hat when greeting a woman, and women are not only allowed to drive, it's expected of moms!

Ha. ha.

Chupa, on your reservation perhaps. Get off your horse, get a passport and see the world outside the trailer park.

P.S. I just noticed your little motto and It is my mistake to even respond to your posts. It is reminiscent of an idiot LA cop who ones told me "the beautiful thing about America is that you can leave it anytime". There is a novelty and so "exclusive" to the US. Well now, haha, this was in no doubt another imbecile Harry.

Last edited:

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
Since engineers have been mastering for the compression and headphone for the better part of ten years, it is in fact the way it is intended to be listened to by its creators..Good music is good wether or not you can perceive every nuance.

Getting overly caught up in the delivery method is just pretentious and has nothing at all to do with with music. A scratchy old Robert Johnson 78 pouring out of a portable record player is as much music as the London Symphony pouring out of a pair of B&Ws or Wilsons.

Good music is good music. I have some records with piano music that was actually recorded by holding a microphone to a radio some time in the 40's and the music is just outstanding. But that said, a good recording, not destroyed by compression (not the 256Kbit kind, but the make-it-as-loud-as-possible kind), played either on decent headphones or excellent speakers, has a quality on its own.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Chupa, on your reservation perhaps. Get off your horse, get a passport and see the world outside the trailer park.

P.S. I just noticed your little motto and It is my mistake to even respond to your posts. It is reminiscent of an idiot LA cop who ones told me "the beautiful thing about America is that you can leave it anytime". There is a novelty and so "exclusive" to the US. Well now, haha, this was in no doubt another imbecile Harry.

Aw. You can't rebut arguments so you have to settle for ad hominem attacks. So predictable.

BTW what is my "motto"? Are you referring to what is universally understood as a "signature"? All Mr. McCracken proffers in his article is that consumers are not forced to use iOS products so bashing it because of its walled garden is silly. Consumers are free to come and go as they please. It's quite an intellectual leap to connect that sentiment to something like "America, love it or leave it."

patsfan83

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2008
Cook would never buy AT&T. It doesn't fit their culture or business model. Usually the only reasons you buy other companies is to merge them into your current operations, or get their customers and shut them down. AT&T wouldn't fit into either of these scenarios.

You don't think Apple wants to be a service provider in the future? 5..10 years?It's the next logical step, control the entire pipeline.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.