Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dogthateats

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 9, 2012
Are there any iPad apps where I can easily access my Dropbox, Box.net, and sugarsync accounts in a centralized location? Would it be easier to sync all of my files into just one of these services and pay for the added storage that I would need? Would an app like Goodreader be able to accomplish this? Does anyone else use multiple cloud services? Sorry for all the questions and thanks for any help.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
I only use dropbox, account is at 8% of 18.2gb so dont have that problem.

RSS feeds hint at Google Drive next week. Id wait before you pay for any quite yet.

dogthateats

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 9, 2012
I'm not sure whether or not this is related to my initial query but can someone please explain to me what webdav is? I tried to google it but i'm not real savvy on a lot of the server talk and was just wondering if it was something more simple since so many apps reference it. Thanks again.

b.c.

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2008
Are there any iPad apps where I can easily access my Dropbox, Box.net, and sugarsync accounts in a centralized location? Would it be easier to sync all of my files into just one of these services and pay for the added storage that I would need? Would an app like Goodreader be able to accomplish this?

yes GoodReader will do what you want. I use it with Dropbox and Box.net but they support lots of other services too.

from their website:
"Within moments of downloading GoodReader, you’ll be transferring files in a number of ways: directly from your computer over a USB cable or WiFi connection, from the Internet or from email attachments. It also easily integrates with iDisk, Google Docs, Dropbox, SugarSync, box.net and other WebDAV, AFP, FTP and SFTP servers."

dogthateats

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 9, 2012
Would you guys recommend goodreader for someone that does hardly any PDF annotation? When I do annotate I have been using the updated adobe app. I mostly am looking for a file manager type system for my iPad. I have some file management in mercury browser. Would I be able to transfer that over to goodreader? Maybe I will just check it out haha

b.c.

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2008
Would you guys recommend goodreader for someone that does hardly any PDF annotation? When I do annotate I have been using the updated adobe app. I mostly am looking for a file manager type system for my iPad.
I use GoodReader mainly for remotely accessing documents from my Dropbox, and transferring/managing local copies of certain documents I want to have on my iPad. I don't use the PDF annotation feature.

dogthateats

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 9, 2012
Theres an app thats temporarily free today called iDownloadAll that I m going to give a try. Others may want to check it out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.