Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Starfighter

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2011
Sweden
My currently is my first! It's an iPod Touch 4G, 8GB. I regret not buying a model with more storage since the games get bigger and bigger.

sheerin

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2012
4th generation, 20 gig. Was a birthday present from my family. It died a couple years later, was replaced with an 80 gig classic as another present. I haven't used it in a while as I just use my iPhone for music.

iapplelove

Suspended
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
My first and still use it every now and then,actually lately I just leave it hooked into my car.
Only 2gb so it's just good for playlists
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335474142.173163.jpg

magid

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2003
Original 5gb iPod with the moveable wheel. I think I got it a month or so after the release. I regrettably sold it before purchasing a 3rd gen 30gb monster. I believe I held off until I sold that and picked up a 60gb photo. After that its a blur, I've probably had every model they've sold at some point. I did a lot of repairs during high school and college...

jbcandkc

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2006
My first was a 20GB iPod 4G. The center button no longer works but I still wake up to it every morning; it is docked in an iHome Clock Radio with a remote so center button doesn't matter. I replaced it with a 32GB iPod Touch 2G.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
My first iPod was a 10GB iPod touch wheel, which was the second gen iPod. I bought it in 2002. I couldn't go a single day without someone stopping me and asking wth it was. I still have it.:)

HT1353_30.jpg

I remember being at a party, and someone said that the music sucked. I grabbed my iPod, connected it to the stereo, and put it on shuffle. People couldn't believe something so small could contain so much music.

It'sMyPrecious

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2012
Between heaven and hell
1st gen iPod nano, white. I got it shortly after release day, and I was one of the first people in my school to get it. I used it so much that after a while, the battery life went down to only 2 hours.

sarcosis

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2006
These United States
My first was a second gesn silver 6gb mini. I still have it and it still works! Battery isn't the best, but the fact that this still works its awesome. UI is still faster than my 5th gen 30gb video.

SEGeologist

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2012
Pangea
Surprised no one has mentioned the original brick iPod.

It was good at the time and like most electronics that get used day in and out, it died and apple sent me a 3G model. That lasted for a few more years and Apple again sent a replacement, 5G. The 5G is still going strong, but with the iPhone I am not using the iPod as I used to. Like most I carry the iPhone full of music and use that in place at work.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
If I recall correctly it was a green 4GB mini in 2004 followed by the second gen mini in 2005. Then I wouldn't buy another apple device until 2008 when I got the 1st gen iPod touch,

MXSkier62

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2006
Surprised no one has mentioned the original brick iPod.

It was good at the time and like most electronics that get used day in and out, it died and apple sent me a 3G model. That lasted for a few more years and Apple again sent a replacement, 5G. The 5G is still going strong, but with the iPhone I am not using the iPod as I used to. Like most I carry the iPhone full of music and use that in place at work.

I did! (earlier post). It was the best iPod, it lasted for like 4 years, and then couldn't hold a charge for more than 20 minutes. The first time I brought it on a school trip everyone wanted to see it and check it out. No one had seen anything like that.

Fun story sidebar: I brought it to the Olympics in SLC in 2002, and the security guards didn't know what it was. They didn't know what an MP3 player was. I had to actually put the headphones on the guys head and play music so it wouldn't be confiscated.

lxylxy748

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2009
My 1st iPod is a silver 2nd generation nano, and it is still at good working condition. Of course, it is still my favorite.

----------

My first and still use it every now and then,actually lately I just leave it hooked into my car.
Only 2gb so it's just good for playlists
View attachment 337444

I have one just like yours, but the wheel are tuning into yellow color. I still rarely remember I first time opened the box which my iPod laid.

----------

Never owned one...

And you might not possible to own one, cuz all phones come with the feature with mp3 player.

But truth be told, I prefer the staff with only one function.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.