Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elvinjaveth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2011
Havelock, N.C.
Okay so here is my question,

I just read that Sprint will get the iPhone 4 along with the 4S, and I assumed that both phones will run on CDMA. Boost Mobile, being part of Sprint, runs CDMA as well and uses the Sprint towers. Will now that Spring is getting the iPhone 4 and is CDMA, will it work on Boost Unlimited Plan? Even if it has to be flashed or unlocked. Once again I am talking about the iPhone 4, not the 4S.

This is my first post on this site. Sorry if its on the wrong forum.

Last edited:

Shanpdx

macrumors 68030
Sep 24, 2008
Blazer town!
Okay so here is my question,

I just read that Sprint will get the iPhone 4 along with the 4S, and I assumed that both phones will run on CDMA. Boost Mobile, being part of Sprint, runs CDMA as well and uses the Sprint towers. Will now that Spring is getting the iPhone 4 and is CDMA, will it work on Boost Unlimited Plan? Even if it has to be flashed or unlocked. Once again I am talking about the iPhone 4, not the 4S.

This is my first post on this site. Sorry if its on the wrong forum.

cool, definitely the right forum, just I was posting about this on another thread.

friday is not far away, hopefully we will get to know.

Ugg

macrumors 68000
Apr 7, 2003
Penryn
Good question and there are no answers to it. I have Virgin Mobile and am hoping that they will have the iPhone.

If VM or Boost gets it, it will be full price of course and I'm sure there will be a surcharge. VM recently upped its rates from $25 to $35 a month for the least expensive plan and two of its phones went 'on sale' today. I'm hoping that it means VM is prepping for a prepaid iPhone.

I think it makes the most sense for the 4 to be offered on prepaid plans rather than the 4S. It's less expensive and it reserves the newest phone for contract customers.

I doubt that we'll know on Friday, all the carriers want as many contract customers as possible. My guess is that if VM does carry the iPhone, it won't be announced until the unsubsidized iPhone is available in November.

elvinjaveth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2011
Havelock, N.C.
Well, we might one day see VM and Boost carry the product. As for Boost, the Blackberry is $60 and the Droid was $50 but just recently went up to $60 like the Blackberry. That means that Boost is starting to carry a $60 smart phone prepaid plan. Meaning, if they do legally get the iPhone, it will be on their $60 smart phone plan. If not, I hope flashing the iPhone will work.

ap3604

macrumors 68000
Jan 11, 2011
Verizon has the iPhone and blocks it from being used on it's pre-paid partner Page Plus (even though any other phone type is fine).

I'd assume that Sprint will do the same to ensure you have to go through Sprint unless you do some crazy flashing...

ClubDownforce

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2010
Iowa
As far as I can tell, the ESN will need to be modified to get the phone onto Boost. My understanding, no one has figured out how to do that with the current gen CDMA iPhone.

I'm just hoping for GSM unlocks for the VZ and Sprint carrier subsidized iPhones. Nothing like buying some dbags bad ESN phone because they didn't pay the bill, then using it on AT&T for yourself...

theappleman3000

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2011
I have unlocked evos many times you have to wipe the esn from the evo then get another boost mobile phone and then get that esn flashed to the evo. I dont know if this could work for the iphone

-banned-

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2012
I have unlocked evos many times you have to wipe the esn from the evo then get another boost mobile phone and then get that esn flashed to the evo. I dont know if this could work for the iphone
yes, that is exactly what they do… Take an EVO, wipe its ESN clean, then gets a BOOST branded 3G phone and takes its ESN and puts in on the EVO, then destroy's the donor phone (the boost branded 3G phone) and viola… You now have an EVO working on Boost Mobile providing that all the other settings are tweaked to get sms, mms and web to work…

and they call this "flashing"…. lmao

But yes, i am also waiting for those "hackers" to "flash" an iPhone 4S over to Boost Mobile cause i really don't like my EVO too much lol

RotaryP7

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2011
Miami, FL
You can steal the ESN from another phone and flash it to the iPhone 4 to use on Boost. It's actually illegal. It does work though.

When I used to work at Radioshack I would see a cop using his HTC EVO on Boost coming in to pay and I would say, isn't that illegal? :rolleyes:

-banned-

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2012
You can steal the ESN from another phone and flash it to the iPhone 4 to use on Boost. It's actually illegal. It does work though.
well apparently none of the local "hack" shops can do it yet…
When I used to work at Radioshack I would see a cop using his HTC EVO on Boost coming in to pay and I would say, isn't that illegal? :rolleyes:
ah yea i know cause i have an evo on boost with active 4G :)
Yes i know its illegal but i don't care, i purchased the phone like that, modified and all :)

rangerboating

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2012
how exactly do you get active 4g on a boost phone? besides paying extra for clear internet I don't see it being possible. I know with Wimax coming to boost I will reflash my s2 to get 4g but until then biopsy doesn't put out a

-banned-

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2012
how exactly do you get active 4g on a boost phone? besides paying extra for clear internet I don't see it being possible.
that is cause your not "seeing" how they can do it. Think about what they have to do to get the evo working on Boost…
WiMax is a separate radio within the phone… PM me if you need more details..

TPK

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2012
that is cause your not "seeing" how they can do it. Think about what they have to do to get the evo working on Boost…
WiMax is a separate radio within the phone… PM me if you need more details..

-banned- , I would PM you for details, but it seems I am unable to PM.. Can you PM me ??

-banned-

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2012
-banned- , I would PM you for details, but it seems I am unable to PM.. Can you PM me ??
apparently i cannot send PM either.. ahh..?? I really don't want to say anything here cause I'm not sure how sensitive the mods are in this forum… I know another forum that i am a member of, they are very sensitive about stuff like this and if you mention any word about what is done, they ban you for a week…

TPK

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2012
apparently i cannot send PM either.. ahh..?? I really don't want to say anything here cause I'm not sure how sensitive the mods are in this forum… I know another forum that i am a member of, they are very sensitive about stuff like this and if you mention any word about what is done, they ban you for a week…

Hello Banned;

Can you please email me here: anon1234_1999@yahoo.com ...

I really would appreciate it

.. thank you much

.. TPK

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.