Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mkristain

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 18, 2011
hi all,

help me or guide me to start create barcode in cocoa.

help me from where i start?

thanks.

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
What have you tried?

Please answer that question. Describe exactly what you tried, in order to find information on this subject. If you didn't try anything, then say that.

I tried this:
1. Select the title of your thread: how create or generate barcode in cocoa
2. Control-click it. A contextual menu appears.
3. Choose "Search in Google".
4. Look at the first page of results.
5. On that page is a link to this:
http://code.google.com/p/cocoa-touch-barcodes/

For more results, do the search yourself.

If you don't find anything useful, post again, describing exactly what you searched for. (This means you should take notes of what you search for, so you can tell us later what you did.)

You should also spend some time reading barcode articles on Wikipedia, so you can tell us exactly which barcode scheme you want to use. (The barcode article I linked is not the only one. See the links at the end of that article.)

You need to do some searching and reading, so you can accurately describe what you're looking for. There are dozens, if not hundreds, of different barcodes, used for different purposes. If you don't tell us which one, or what you're trying to do, how can we possibly answer your question?

mkristain

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 18, 2011
yes i checked the Cocoa-Touched-barcode article ,this for iphone when i compile this on my MAC os this gives error

error: There is no SDK with the name or path 'iphoneos'

BadWolf13

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2009
Well, I don't know too much about barcodes, and how you determine what the thickness of each bar is, or the thickness of the space between bars, that, I'm hoping you already know. A good starting point would be a custom NSView that draws the bars based on a code that's held in a string object. That's how I think I'd go about it.

Sydde

macrumors 68030
Aug 17, 2009
IOKWARDI
Well, I don't know too much about barcodes, and how you determine what the thickness of each bar is, or the thickness of the space between bars, that, I'm hoping you already know. A good starting point would be a custom NSView that draws the bars based on a code that's held in a string object. That's how I think I'd go about it.

IIUC, nearly all types of 1D (linear) and 2D (matrix) bar codes use some sort of reference lines to set the rhythm of the code. IOW, they are scalable: a dime-sized code will read just the same as a billboard-sized code, as long as the reader has the physical range and resolution to handle the image. Hence, the sensible cocoa approach is to generate the code using NSBezierPath methods that would be resolution-independent and cleanly resizable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.