Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LxHunter

Suspended
Nov 14, 2010
Ditto! I have to agree with you. I wish they had came out this product long time ago since I had been investing on various types of screen protector films. But I have been reading a few articles of the bubbles forming when applying the Glas.t. T.T I felt back because I was the one who introduced them into purchasing this item. :(

No bubbles here. Only problem is a few tiny dust specks - even after running the shower - I think removing the protective film creates a small static charge that attracts particles. Of course, since it is glass I can't lift with tape and remove the particles as I can on a plastic protector. If you are fanatic about dust specks this is not the protector for you unless you have access to a clean room at a microprocessor factory.

Still think it is the best protector for me.

white4s

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
I use my finger to control the screen, I can not imagine how my fingers can hurt my screen. If your iphone dropped ,screen protector is not enough for protecting it.

like i said a back cover wont do anything for the lcd if it's dropped :confused:

not even sure what you mean by a back cover anyway

Boston Rhett

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2012
DC
I currently have the Power Support anti-glare on my phone, I've been using it for about 4 months now. But I'm considering switching over to a crystal set soon because I miss the retina display.

I use my finger to control the screen, I can not imagine how my fingers can hurt my screen. If your iphone dropped ,screen protector is not enough for protecting it.

Your fingers might not scratch the screen, but keys, loose change, dirt, sand, etc. certainly can. The screen is scratch-resistant, not scratch-proof.

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
I currently have the Power Support anti-glare on my phone, I've been using it for about 4 months now. But I'm considering switching over to a crystal set soon because I miss the retina display.

Your fingers might not scratch the screen, but keys, loose change, dirt, sand, etc. certainly can. The screen is scratch-resistant, not scratch-proof.

I have a PS anti-glare as well (it's my second one, I removed my old one a while back, just got a new phone..). I've decided that it's worth it just because the phone stays so clean and the clarity isn't too drastically reduced. D: I had a clear protector and once that oleophobic coating ran out of juice, man, that thing fingerprinted half way to hell and was gross.

Random but I got a matte back screen protector today.. totally recommend it. Feels durable and definitely doesn't scratch as easy / as much as the clear ones for the back!

GalvaJ

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2011
Power Support

I agree with Minhimalism. The Anti-Glare film from Power Support is fantastic. I've been rocking my 4S naked with the PS AG on front and a AG back from The HiShop and it looks great. The phone always has a clean, fingerprint free look to it and the feel of the film on the finger tip is awesome. Definitely worth the little bit of screen clarity given up if you ask me.

Munkypoo7

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2011
Hanover, MD
I agree with Minhimalism. The Anti-Glare film from Power Support is fantastic. I've been rocking my 4S naked with the PS AG on front and a AG back from The HiShop and it looks great. The phone always has a clean, fingerprint free look to it and the feel of the film on the finger tip is awesome. Definitely worth the little bit of screen clarity given up if you ask me.

After going from a PS Antiglare to a Glas.T, there is a huge difference in screen clarity.

It's as if you're comparing a BlackBerry from 2004 to a naked 4S, it's not worth the tradeoff imo.

GalvaJ

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2011
After going from a PS Antiglare to a Glas.T, there is a huge difference in screen clarity.

It's as if you're comparing a BlackBerry from 2004 to a naked 4S, it's not worth the tradeoff imo.

That's a bit of an exaggeration I'd say lol. But every person has their own preference as to what they like. Some aren't willing to give up any clarity while some are. Sometimes I do switch over to a crystal film but after a while I come back to the AG.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.