Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sackvillenb

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
Canada! \m/
Could be cool. I've never heard of this service before, but it seems like a U.S. only thing (I'm in Canada). So, I wonder what they might have in store for us, in terms of content?

Soccredude

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2012
Why doesnt apple just take over Netflix. It's cheap in comparison to their own value and problems solved?

Benzman

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Thankfully, for me, I have a Samsung LED TV with a Hulu+ app. So, with an ATV, and my TV, I have all that I need. That said, it would be nice to have Hulu+ on ATV so I don't have to have 3 fricken remotes.

TsMkLg068426

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2009
Of course Apple could just buy out Netflix, pick up all their studio contracts, and start migrating people.

Would not be that great because Netflix will be than exclusive to only Apple products, that would really suck. Sure Netflix has been failing but I do expect a change so I have not given up yet like other poor people who complain about Netflix.

Konrad

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2009
Bi-continental
Real television

Films are easy and television is not about films. If Apple is so smart, give me the following:

- Base fee = $100.- purchase of Apple TV hardware
- $0.99 per channel per month, first & last months = 40 days
- >95% world channels availability
- availability - anywhere in the world
- intuitive easy Internet channel management via box checking/unchecking

...I am in for life.

blizaine

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2003
Hulu+ is the only app that is missing that really matters at this point. It's the one app that potentially makes other boxes more attractive.

aleksoctop

macrumors regular
May 8, 2011
I was actually surprised by how good the streaming was. Netflix usually locks up for a bit and then continues. Somehow, their streaming has much more consistent quality buffering. I appreciate that, especially on wifi.
They need to fix their fullscreen controls. I've full-screened and you get grey bars on movies instead of black.

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
Cool story bro... I don't care that much.

How about giving the Apple TV a coax input so we can watch/record the channels that are given for FREE to every US citizen (and pretty much every citizen of every country)? This is the one reason I don't use the Apple TV!

----------

Hulu+ is the only app that is missing that really matters at this point. It's the one app that potentially makes other boxes more attractive.

You can watch every popular show on NBC, Fox, ABC, and CBS for free on public TV. The Apple TV needs antenna/cable input.

digizure

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2010
Apple TV is a JOKE

Apple TV, or any other boxes, is a joke. You're better off hooking up your computer to the TV. Apple TV does not offer any browser support so the only useful thing to do with Apple TV is to keep buying more and more.

With a computer hooked up to your TV, you can watch fox.com, hulu (without the plus), Netflix, and whatever else it is you need.

I almost bought Apple TV but when I learned more about this box, I found out that other boxes are pretty much the same. There's NO point!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.