Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Farns514

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2008
Chicago
Probably in the next 2 weeks.

nike_fuelband_single_original.jpeg

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I just found out about Fluevog Shoes and I am in love and want a pair.

They're not THAT great. If you buy them, you'll need to purchase a rubber pad and stick it to the bottom so that the shoes have grip (I forget what they're called). Otherwise you'll slip often, and your soles will wear through very very quickly.

But Fluevogs certainly look nice.

Destroysall

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2012
United States
They're not THAT great. If you buy them, you'll need to purchase a rubber pad and stick it to the bottom so that the shoes have grip (I forget what they're called). Otherwise you'll slip often, and your soles will wear through very very quickly.

But Fluevogs certainly look nice.

Really? Never heard of such issue. Either, its a tip nonetheless, and I'll keep that in mind when I make the purchase. :)

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Really? Never heard of such issue. Either, its a tip nonetheless, and I'll keep that in mind when I make the purchase. :)

Well think about it: the bottom is a thick layer of smooth leather. There's no grip! Without the thin rubber mat that sticks to the bottom, you would have no grip, and you'd need to re-sole your shoes frequently. Re-soling your shoes is something that would need to be done with nice shoes like this regardless of what you do, but not often.

The reason you don't need to buy a rubber pad for every shoe with a leather sole is because many of them come with them already attached. This one doesn't. ;) I went to the John Fluevog website last year, and that's what the user reviews said.

If you buy them, you'll be happy. Just buy the rubber thing. Ask the salesperson. It shouldn't be a deterrent to buying it!!!

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Jun 21, 2011
I hadn't thought of posting this earlier but I bought this last week.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-04-28 at 1.47.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-04-28 at 1.47.39 PM.png
    395 KB · Views: 93

Destroysall

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2012
United States
Well think about it: the bottom is a thick layer of smooth leather. There's no grip! Without the thin rubber mat that sticks to the bottom, you would have no grip, and you'd need to re-sole your shoes frequently. Re-soling your shoes is something that would need to be done with nice shoes like this regardless of what you do, but not often.

The reason you don't need to buy a rubber pad for every shoe with a leather sole is because many of them come with them already attached. This one doesn't. ;) I went to the John Fluevog website last year, and that's what the user reviews said.

If you buy them, you'll be happy. Just buy the rubber thing. Ask the salesperson. It shouldn't be a deterrent to buying it!!!

Ah, I see. I shall do that then, thank you very much for that tip! :)

dubels

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2006
Looking to sell my motorcycle and try to get into kart racing. Mostly looking at doing clone racing to save money on rebuilds and tires.

margay-1.jpg

Image taken form Kartblog.net

Starfighter

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2011
Sweden
I attended a gathering dedicated to old school gaming and was able to try out Vectrex for the first time in my life. I am SO going to get one. Here's me having fun:

staffe_spelar_vectrex.jpg

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
Im saving for a Cintiq 21ux DTK-2100. Its a 21 inch tablet that you can draw on that is also a screen. Just a few more things to sell and oh yes it will be mine.

View attachment 334645

You're only allowed to buy it IF you promise to post a video of it afterwards with your thoughts on it so I can pretend I'm living the dream of owning one too :p

I'd love to have one but I have other things I have to pay for first, like a Unity Pro license for iOS, which is $3k :( (Maybe $2500 if they count the iOS basic license I already paid for).

Farns514

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2008
Chicago
I keep trying to justify this purchase , I want a nice weightless tool

I was doing the same thing as well, but being that i workout now 5-6 days a week, and told my trainer about it. He thought it was a good idea, and said it would help me to better understand the approximate calories i am burning that day so that it can help me create a healthy calorie deficit with me trying to lose weight.

From many of the reviews i read, some negative and many positive, the comments regardless of the persons views reviewing the Fuel Band, said it was a great motivator.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.