Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gngan

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld
AT&T iPhone 4S 5.1 even though can be unlocked via Gevey sim but its better to have a factory Unlocked phone since then with every Update i dont have to get a new Gevey sim and since according to my knowledge basebands on iphone 4S cant be preserved. I thought that getting it factory unlocked would be the wise option. Plus i got it at a good deal on craigslist.

You sound like a salesperson for your website.

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
Yes i have and they said they arent unlocking iphone 4S yet since its still in contract,

----------

I dont know why people are thinking im a sales person or a marketing guy when im not.

The newest Gevey supports both 5.0.1 and 5.1 doesn't it? Or at least that's what I read on Applenberry.. so what're you paying like, $130 for? The non existent iOS 6..?

Xb0xGuru

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2010
For Instructions on how to Unlock without loosing your jailbreak

Call me cynical, but I would've thought that spelling and grammar would've been easy to get right for a reputable organisation. The capitalization of I in 'instructions' and 'loosing' instead of 'losing' would indicate otherwise...

Vudoo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2008
Dallas Metroplex
How were you able get it unlocked? Please share your experience with ATT. Thanks.

I got my 4S replaced by Apple so the IMEI of the new phone wasn't tied to my contracted number anymore. I had an additional non-contract line with AT&T, so I just told them that the new IMEI belonged to that line. Now my 4S is unlocked.

cooldude911

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2012
You said you wanted it for updates.. but there's not an update that Gevey doesn't support right now, haha. I don't get what you really needed the factory unlock for..

I just wanted to be on the safe side because apple in the future will close the gevey loophole and as you all know getting a software unlock like ultrasn0w has not yet been possible since the baseband 4.11.08.

@Xb0xGuru
about the grammar, are you really going to be that picky ?

cooldude911

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2012
SEEMS LIKE SERVICE GOT SHUT DOWN TODAY

also i found out. From now on AT&T requires original receipt along with name and account number in order to process your unlock.

nicholasss

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2012
Usa
SEEMS LIKE SERVICE GOT SHUT DOWN TODAY

also i found out. From now on AT&T requires original receipt along with name and account number in order to process your unlock.

It's either:
Proof of Purchase at full price
or
Account information including: phone number, account number, passcode on the account.
also
you need to be able to walk on water and cure cancer.

after that you will be unlocked :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.