Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2010
Bump for a question.

I watch Netflix movies on my iPhone 4 when I'm working at the Fire Station for my 24 hour shift.

Do these cables mentioned work with Netflix streaming movies so we can watch them on the TV?

Thanks!

I do this all the time. Purchase a digital av adapter made by apple which is mainly for mirroring your iPad 2 to the tv, but also compatible with iPhone 4, just doesn't mirror. Then purchase a cheap, though high quality, hdmi cable. Cheapest I've found is from monoprice.com. The whole set up Will cost about 50 bucks in all, about the same price as purchasing a componet or composite cable but the digital adapter is obviously digital which is going to give you a better picture. The tv though has to have hdmi port, 99% of newer TVs have this so you should be fine. Hope this helps!

Newquestion

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2012
Here is a new question that I can not seem to find an answer to. I have an apple RCA adaptor connected to my tv. My friend has a third party adaptor. Both phones are iPhone 4's. Mine works on both adapters. Hers does not work on either one. Is there a setting on her phone that needs to be changed for her phone to work with either adaptor?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Here is a new question that I can not seem to find an answer to. I have an apple RCA adaptor connected to my tv. My friend has a third party adaptor. Both phones are iPhone 4's. Mine works on both adapters. Hers does not work on either one. Is there a setting on her phone that needs to be changed for her phone to work with either adaptor?

Third party adapters usually lack the authentication chip that Apple's has. There is a way to force video out over unauthorized cables, but it requires that the user be jailbroken.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.