Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eddyish

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2012
Hong Kong
I'm looking for something that has a lay on the table design, something that's got a semi-rigid design sorta silicone (but not completely silicone because they're lint magnets), something rather plain looking (colored cases are fine) and something that I can stick into my pockets.

Also is the NGP case slippery? Because that would be something that fits all my criteria.

xAnthony

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2010
Sounds like you need the speck candyshell. I have mixed feelings about this case... Mine had the peeling issue, which I absolutely hate and that's why I don't use mine anymore. But others haven't had this issue, and if you're lucky enough to get one without the peeling issue, it's a great case.

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
I've played with a few different cases (Case Crown, Speck, and Incipio).

The Case Crown has a pretty cheap looking design (ribbed sides on some models), and depending on which one you get the camera flash will reflect off of the case and cause hazy pictures. Speck feels sturdy, but I also found it bulky and it wasn't as easy to slip in and out of my pocket.

I settled on the Incipio feather (in my case the white "Tonic" one), and I think it is about as plain as you can get.

Ray-

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2012
It depends what you want. If you're looking for a soft rubbery case, you probably want one made from TPU as oppose to silicone. Like you said, silicone tends to stretch and deform over time, and they collect dust like crazy.

Cases from speck and griffin are always good, but if you want something a little different, check out the designs from our artists. You can even PM me and I can send you one to try out on the house!

Last edited:

BrightCanon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
Definitly a TPU case. Look at the Incipio NGP and Belkin 050 Essential. Make sure if you get the Belkin its the 050 not the 031. They look very simialar but the 031 is a older version and doesnt fit very will. I have both and love them. The Belkin is a little slimmer but the NGP seems to offer more protection.

EDIT: I dont find the NGP slippery at all. Its has a nice feel to it.

A07R_129769986706732125bqqhcQ2mJr.jpg
incipio_iph-530_1.jpg

Eddyish

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2012
Hong Kong
Definitly a TPU case. Look at the Incipio NGP and Belkin 050 Essential. Make sure if you get the Belkin its the 050 not the 031. They look very simialar but the 031 is a older version and doesnt fit very will. I have both and love them. The Belkin is a little slimmer but the NGP seems to offer more protection.

EDIT: I dont find the NGP slippery at all. Its has a nice feel to it.

ImageImage

If that's the case I'll probably get the NGP. My only worries were that it might be slippery. I checked out Belkin and while the 050's nice I kinda fell in love with the 013. Does anyone know more about the 013 essential?

It depends what you want. If you're looking for a soft rubbery case, you probably want one made from TPU as oppose to silicone. Like you said, silicone tends to scratch and deform over time, and they collect dust like crazy.

Cases from speck and griffin are always good, but if you want something a little different, check out the designs from our artists. You can even PM me and I can send you one to try out on the house!

Ray, that'd be great but I'm based in Hong Kong so it might be some trouble shipping from where you're located (I'm guessing America or Europe).

Last edited:

Ray-

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2012
Ray, that'd be great but I'm based in Hong Kong so it might be some trouble shipping from where you're located (I'm guessing America or Europe).

Hey no worries, let me know if you see anything you like, no strings attached. Always looking to give back to the community.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.