Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

testdrive

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 1, 2012
I bought a macbook pro a couple of months ago. I just noticed that the power adapter thing u connect to your macbook pro (thing with the amber/green light indicating when charge is complete) seems to move slightly. The thing is this: When the cord is attached, The front near the light is pretty stable (doesn't move) but the back where the cord prolongs into the ac adapter tends to move up and down while attached to the macbook. Is this normal?

Macman756

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I bought a macbook pro a couple of months ago. I just noticed that the power adapter thing u connect to your macbook pro (thing with the amber/green light indicating when charge is complete) seems to move slightly. The thing is this: When the cord is attached, The front near the light is pretty stable (doesn't move) but the back where the cord prolongs into the ac adapter tends to move up and down while attached to the macbook. Is this normal?

Um, it's magnetic? It has to have wiggle room to attach.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.