Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ohrstrom

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2012
Sweden
That was just one early benchmark. I read one report, sorry forgot where, saying the 3DMark Vantage Performance bench shows 199%. Of course it is hard to compare directly because so much depends on the CPU it is paired with.

Also comparing to for example only 1 game gives somewhat misreading values.

Teem45

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2012
Dallas, TX
Um... you have 3x MacBooks that all basically do the same thing? Now that doesn't make sense.

LOL! I do have kids and a husband. So only one is truly mine and mine alone (well, two if you count the older 2009 one, which I will sell if I keep the new one). But I'm kinda the manager of all things Apple in the household.

First, I say be thankful you are in a financial position to afford one of the best computers on the market today.

Second, you need it now so you get it now. There will always be a newer one just around the corner.

Enjoy your MBP!!!

So true! Thanks for reminding me of what's really important. :)

You're going to regret making that purchase. The new MacBook Pros are supposed to have 40% to 200%+ more graphics power due to the new platform.

ROFL...that made me laugh out loud and my son asked me what I was laughing about. I like your sense of humor!

Well, I am now sitting around regretting not buying the 17-inch Macbook Pro really good deal from MacMall instead of the 13. Then I'd have all the resolution I need. It never ends, does it? I need to find a new hobby for sure, or start a business and hire some people and network all my stuff and do something productive. ;) Planning on selling the 2010 Air listed below, at the very least. Just been lazy about getting around to it. Thanks for all your input--I really enjoy this forum!

Davewithak

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2011
I went ahead and bought a 15" MBP last night on MacMall. I couldn't resist a good deal and decided that there were too many possibilities with the new one (no CD drive, higher price, etc.) to wait. Should get it Tuesday :D

Last edited:

WhitewallMike

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2012
Couldn't Wait...

Welp, I bit the bullet and ordered a 17" MacBook Pro last night. If the new MBPs are something I can't live without, I'll lose a little money by selling, and pick one up.

It's a blowout from MacMall (used the AI 3% discount), and it worked out to $1840 shipped for the specs below. I feel like it's a great price, and that I'll only lose 15-20% if I sell in 5-6 months.

2.3 Ghz i7
750 GB Hard Drive
Anti-Glare
4 GB RAM

I'll be using it for video editing and photo editing, so I'll be throwing 16 GB RAM in as soon as possible. I feel a little sick about buying with the new ones on the horizon, but duty calls.

WhitewallMike

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2012
Welp, I bit the bullet and ordered a 17" MacBook Pro last night. If the new MBPs are something I can't live without, I'll lose a little money by selling, and pick one up.

It's a blowout from MacMall (used the AI 3% discount), and it worked out to $1840 shipped for the specs below. I feel like it's a great price, and that I'll only lose 15-20% if I sell in 5-6 months.

2.3 Ghz i7
750 GB Hard Drive
Anti-Glare
4 GB RAM

I'll be using it for video editing and photo editing, so I'll be throwing 16 GB RAM in as soon as possible. I feel a little sick about buying with the new ones on the horizon, but duty calls.

This showed up today. While it's definitely going to be a little bit of a beast to lug around, I'm loving the screen resolution and screen size as a whole. Anti-glare is great, surprisingly. Really pleased so far.

Smiller4128

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2010
Yep I just pulled the trigger and bought a new 17" Macbook Pro. Got it from Best buy cause I couldn't pass up on their 36 month 0% financing option...can't really beat that either way. I figure, if they still have the same financing option going on and Apple releases an updated Macbook Pro that's significant enough, then I have until the middle of June to make an exchange with no questions asked....again, you can't beat that. And I plan to upgrade the RAM to 8GB and possibly upgrade the HDD to a SDD later on. Overall though, i'm extremely happy :)

new-mac-user

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2008
Puzzled re new purchase

I'm ready to buy something! I'm fighting with an old 2007 Mac Pro (2 22" monitors, with updated graphics card) and 2007 Macbook Pro (17" with 500 GB drive). Can't upgrade the MBP's graphics card, and I need ONE of these machines to run FCP 7 and FCP X and Aperture 3 without crashing. I'm not a gamer, but doing video and photo editing - just for fun, but want it to work! I like the 17" size on the MBP, even though it's heavy. If Apple isn't going to make the 17", I can live with a 15", but would I be better waiting for this or get the "super deals" on the current 17"? Will they be taking away features that will make the new one less desirable? Of course, no one knows, so I'm probably making a fool of myself by asking... Anything I get will probably run super fast in comparison. I just don't want any problems running the FCP and Aperture programs along with umpteen windows with Pages and Safari and such. Currently, when I'm running the Pro Apps, I shut down and restart, but I'm kinda hobbling along right now.
Summary: Would it be best for me to upgrade to a new Mac Pro when it comes out, or get the current Macbook Pro 17", or the upcoming MBP 15"?

Liquinn

Suspended
Apr 10, 2011
Going to be ordering my MBP 15" base model in a few days time. I'm done waiting to have the latest and greatest, since a new model is always around the corner.

I can't wait.

KYFTang

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2012
Hello all!

I just bought my 15" MBP from Apple store today. (hong kong) this is my 2nd notebook from apple. My previous was a white MacBook back in mid 2007 I think.

Me and my family is quiet new to Mac machines so just hoping to see advises here in the forum!

And last thing! This laptop is so beautiful.. All the hardwork I did! This is a really nice reward!

Thanks for reading!

sweetie81

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2007
Hi,

am about to order the 15" MBP this week. Love the format and my current laptop runs out of steam when working with Lightroom and Photoshop so decided to go for it as it does have everything I need.

Really looking forward to it :)

makaveli559m

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2012
Last week I bought an old Core 2 Duo Unibody MacBook Pro, some mix feelings, I had to take to the Apple Store because of issues with the Super Drive.

EwanMcTeagle

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2012
Lodz, Poland
Refurbished 2,8 GHz i7

Just ordered my first (own) MBP:)

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FD314LL/A

Wanted to get the older, 27, GHz i7 version for just over $1200, but it was almost instantly "out of stock' - I had to contact my friend in the US via email, so it took a while. But still, I think it's a good deal with this 2,8 i7.

I wanted to ask you guys what are your experiences with Apple's refurbished products? Because it almost sounds too god to be true - a basically new computer $230 less than a new one:)

Madlamz

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2010
Not really sure where i should be posting this...

Im looking to update my MBP this summer and i have a co-worker who's interested in buying my current Mac. How much should i sell my 2009 Macbook(Not Unibody but Aluminum) 2.4Ghz C2D, 4GB ram, 500gb WD @7200 & Nvidia 9400m graphics card. Thank you.

sweetie81

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2007
MacBook Pro ordered

15 inch anti glare 2.5GHz Quad with Apple Keyboard, mighty mouse and some sweet deal on AppleCare.

Delivery estimate next Wednesday. Outstanding surreal service. Can't wait and am not regretting anything! :)

ram8727

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2010
I couldn't wait any longer for the new MacBook Pro announcement. I ordered a refurbished (Early 2011) 15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHz i7 4GB 500GB for $1500 from Apple. I've upgraded to 8GB of RAM and installed a 500GB Seagate Momentus XT HDD. No regrets.

mxrver

macrumors newbie
I ordered a new MBP17, 2.5ghz i7, 256 SSD, 8 GB ram two days ago (April 30th) and it still shows at Apple Orders as "Processing Items" which I take to mean is not yet scheduled for production.

Promised delivery time is 10 to 14 days from date of order which should see it arrive to join my 2007 early MBP17" which I will likely relegate to simpler tasks.

My MBP travels by air just twice a year. I never operate on battery even though I have two which I rotate monthly.

My 07 model failed twice in it's first year of service due to mother board/video failures. It's not easy getting Apple service in a foreign country like Mexico where even cheap PC's sell at a premium.

I am trusting that the version I just ordered which has been in use since last October, should have outgrown it's teething issues which I prefer not to face with the updated version everybody is patiently waiting for.

Of course, if Apple releases an updated 17" before my order goes into production, it might be hard to resist cancelling. Time will tell!

sirozzy

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2010
@home
Just ordered 17" MBP with 750GB 7200rpm HDD, Antiglare, 2.5GHz i7.
8GB Ram

Will come next week.

Will replace Late 2007 MBP 17" with 60GB SSD + 500GB 5400rpm and 6GB RAM

Anyone wants to buy my old 2007 MBP 17" Antiglare Hi-Res (1920x1200)?? Just PM if yes.

PS. It's in UK - Reading

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
loving my macbook pro that i got on may 2nd :) and i don't care if they release a new one next week or a few months or years. I am happy with what I got. Thanks :apple: btw this is my first mac in awhile I had one back in the late 1990's and than eventually switched to PC. I am glad to be back and not going back ever this time! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.