Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hanasunny

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2012
I have an Iphone 4, and I was just checking my email last night, suddenly the screen went crazy and pink vertical lines started appearing. Now my screen is just black with purple vertical lines on the left side of the screen. Its really faint, not bright at all. I'm able to reset my phone fine, I can even turn it off and slide the phone to turn off at the spot where the off slide thing is suppose to be if my screen was fine. I tried resetting it and restoring it, nothing helped. HELPP?

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
I have an Iphone 4, and I was just checking my email last night, suddenly the screen went crazy and pink vertical lines started appearing. Now my screen is just black with purple vertical lines on the left side of the screen. Its really faint, not bright at all. I'm able to reset my phone fine, I can even turn it off and slide the phone to turn off at the spot where the off slide thing is suppose to be if my screen was fine. I tried resetting it and restoring it, nothing helped. HELPP?

Did you drop it recently? Take it to the apple store.

hanasunny

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2012
Yeah I dropped it yesterday, but nothing happened and everything was working fine..
When the lines started appearing my phone got really hot too so I turned it off for the night and let it cool down. but this morning the lines are still there. :c

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
Yeah I dropped it yesterday, but nothing happened and everything was working fine..
When the lines started appearing my phone got really hot too so I turned it off for the night and let it cool down. but this morning the lines are still there. :c

Sounds like it is because you dropped it. Take it to the apple store and tell them the story and see what they do. That's your best option. There's nothing you can do to fix it

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
Yeah I dropped it yesterday, but nothing happened

I would say that having weird lines show up on your screen and then the screen going dark is "something happening." Just saying.

and everything was working fine..

Take it into Apple, see what they say.

hanasunny

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2012
I called apple, but i dont have insurance so they said they can't do anything.

SugaredJuggler

macrumors member
May 10, 2008
Holladay, UT
I called apple, but i dont have insurance so they said they can't do anything.

Are you near an apple store? It might be worth making an appointment and speaking to them in person. I have seemed to always have pretty good look talking to the apple employes in person vs. over the phone. It's worth a try.

NewtonApple

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2012
Ellijay GA
I second the in store visit. Calling will get you what ever the policy is, where a face to face with a Geek can result in a miracle. A friend dropped his out of warranty iPhone 4 in the swimming pool and explained to the Geek what happened. He returned with a refurb that you could not tell from new!

Be honest and nice and you just never know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.