Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MooneyFlyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 18, 2007
Boston
I'm sure they are worrying about now, I as a fan am worrying about later :p

Guaranteed home ice advantage if they go all the way would be a nice thing to have, that's all. I also can't stand NY teams ;)

You don't need home ice to win (e.g. Bruins finals 2011) and home ice isn't necessarily a big advantage (e.g. Bruins first round 2012!). They lost 3 at home.

Lundqvist made some amazing saves, had some luck with the bounce from his mask and was unlucky to have next to no reaction time on the Ottawa goal.

Might need to go get myself a Rangers jersey soon...

Bandwagon!!! :p

cuestakid

macrumors 68000
Jun 14, 2006
San Fran
yet another rules question from me-

can you still use your timeouts in OT, or are they only good in regulation? I have seen several times where I would think a coach may want to use one but they either don't or can't.

ray whitney can bite me.....

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Pretty sure there are no timeouts and no commercials in OT (which must kill the networks, god forbid they lose a penny in ad revenue)

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
yet another rules question from me-

can you still use your timeouts in OT, or are they only good in regulation? I have seen several times where I would think a coach may want to use one but they either don't or can't.

ray whitney can bite me.....

Pretty sure there are no timeouts and no commercials in OT (which must kill the networks, god forbid they lose a penny in ad revenue)

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26510

There are no TV timeouts, but if a team still has its timeout, it can use it.

steviem

macrumors 68020
May 26, 2006
New York, Baby!
You don't need home ice to win (e.g. Bruins finals 2011) and home ice isn't necessarily a big advantage (e.g. Bruins first round 2012!). They lost 3 at home.

Bandwagon!!! :p

Ha, I have one of those retro ones that were $40 but want a real one now, would've been a waste to get it if they lost against Ottawa the other night though.

Also, I'd rather avoid wearing a $100 jersey at hockey lessons!

Kreider had a great 2 minutes just now :)

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
Ha, I have one of those retro ones that were $40 but want a real one now, would've been a waste to get it if they lost against Ottawa the other night though.

Kreider is having a heck of a couple of weeks. Nothing like making your debut in the playoffs and having an impact.

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne

You can wear the jersey even when your team loses, you know. ;)

steviem

macrumors 68020
May 26, 2006
New York, Baby!
Yeah, I know. Went to Dicks and Modells today thinking I might, but $160 is way too much for me. Ended up getting a few bits instead, that would be of more use. I think I can live with just the retro jersey for now...

Surely

Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I have to ask-

who is leading our playoff bracket and how did you make your picks?

The stupid site isn't allowing me to sign in anymore. I tried to make my second round picks, but it won't recognize the email address that I'm sure I used, or any of the other email addresses I tried retrieving my password with.

It's nice living in a city with playoff hockey for a change, although because it's LA it's rare to see any signs of it.

I'm hoping to go to one of the games against the Blues this round, but we'll see if it'll happen.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
The stupid site isn't allowing me to sign in anymore. I tried to make my second round picks, but it won't recognize the email address that I'm sure I used, or any of the other email addresses I tried retrieving my password with.

It's nice living in a city with playoff hockey for a change, although because it's LA it's rare to see any signs of it.

I'm hoping to go to one of the games against the Blues this round, but we'll see if it'll happen.

It's that way in St. Louis too. We're a baseball town first and foremost, so I sort of expect the Blues playoff run to take a backseat to the Cardinals even though we're not even a month into the baseball season. David Freese or Yadier Molina can't even take a **** without the local media covering it, but in the Sports segment of the local news, they're covering the freakin' Rams and the NFL draft ahead of the Blues. The Rams aren't even playing right now, and when they do start playing, they'll suck more than a Colombian prostitute hired by the Secret Service.

The Blues have a small (compared to the Cardinals and Rams) but loyal fanbase. I suppose that's better than having bandwagon fans who only care when the team is doing good and leave the arena empty when they're playing poorly.

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
Impressive display by Phoenix in Game 2. Solidly outshot and outplayed the Predators. I think they just barely won the face-off battle again, but killed it in the 3rd period when it counted most (see: 5th goal).

Also, probably the only perfect rant I've seen a U.S. commentator say in the NHL playoffs (ignoring JR's idiotic bumbling at the end): Keith Jones rips Alex Radulov.

Just incredible. Loving every day of the Western Conference playoffs.

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
Welp, LA sure did dominate early tonight. At least STL found their manhood, eventually. Only took them 1.5ish games. I don't think it'll be Pitt-Philly round 2, but it's looking by far the most physical and perhaps interesting series if STL doesn't roll over.

robo

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2005

Hey Surely
You could always jump on the Flyers WEST bandwagon;):D
Peace

robo

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2005
From a show I just did;):D

Attachments

• 522355_10150998081204325_770399324_12990518_1641713411_n.jpg
    522355_10150998081204325_770399324_12990518_1641713411_n.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 138

cuestakid

macrumors 68000
Jun 14, 2006
San Fran
Oh yeah:

HBO Confirms 24/7 with Leafs, Wings

Because, y'know, the Leafs need MORE distractions.:rolleyes::p

Should we assume CBC/other will pick it up in Canada?

I applaud the predators. Even though they are about to bust my pool (i had them in 6), they had the courage to take action on two guys who's heads are clearly not on hockey.

Now if they were out drinking AFTER the game, then I would understand, but this just shows they were hung over and not ready to play.

I said to a friend of mine-I hope its the Kings and Coyotes in the conference finals for three reasons

1. Shame the entire Sharks organization
2.Shame the entire Sharks organization
3. Make NBC do something drastic and controversial- even borderline criminal.

Learn about a team in the Western Conference that is not Chicago, Detroit or Vancouver.
THE HORROR !!!
THE HORROR !!!
THE HORROR !!!
THE HORROR !!!
THE HORROR !!!

Surely

Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Should we assume CBC/other will pick it up in Canada?

They have HBO in Canada too.:)

I applaud the predators. Even though they are about to bust my pool (i had them in 6), they had the courage to take action on two guys who's heads are clearly not on hockey.

I was surprised to see they suspended them during the playoffs. Nice to see some integrity in sports these days....

cuestakid

macrumors 68000
Jun 14, 2006
San Fran
^^

didnt know that...

I am not surprised they did. It would look REALLY bad if they did not-and frankly, with all the crap that happens in the other leagues (DUIs,battery, assault, felonies, ect) we must hold our players above everyone.

That said-

makes we wonder what happens between games in the KHL............

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
They have HBO in Canada too.:)
I didn't read the article you linked, but I read another article regarding 2013 24/7 and HBO's comment was something like 'We'll be sure to have a partner in Canada', which sounded like not going to be on HBO. Though I'm not sure it would be CBC based on HBO being a 'premium' channel in the US. Not sure about a Canadian counterpart. TSN or something? I'll have to look up the article I read when I have more time.

I was surprised to see they suspended them during the playoffs. Nice to see some integrity in sports these days....

Yep, sure was incredible to see. Losing Radulov isn't a big deal (see: last post with video of Keith Jones mocking his awfulness this series), but Kostitsyn at least has been all right this series. Big organization move.

Surely

Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I didn't read the article you linked, but I read another article regarding 2013 24/7 and HBO's comment was something like 'We'll be sure to have a partner in Canada', which sounded like not going to be on HBO. Though I'm not sure it would be CBC based on HBO being a 'premium' channel in the US. Not sure about a Canadian counterpart. TSN or something? I'll have to look up the article I read when I have more time.

I guess they're looking to have it on a network so that it gets more exposure. More people have CBC, TSN, Sportsnet, etc. than HBO. Interesting.

I'm kind of disappointed that Pierre McGuire didn't get the Canadiens GM job. Not because I think he deserves it, but because it would have been great to have him off the air for a few years.:D:D:D

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/05/02/montreal_canadiens_general_manager_marc_bergevin/

BTW, I LOVE how they're making fun of McGuire "finishing second" on HockeyCentral at Noon right now.:p

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.