Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rammorris

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2003
Not Until June

I thought they would come in April. Now I am convinced we won't see them until June. Apple will wait to present them at the Developer's Conference in order to make a splash with a range of new products. I am not sure that they will be the "one more thing" but I suspect they will make the list and will be available for sale from day 1.

hkim1983

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2009
So I heard from a friend of a friend, who knows someone, that Apple might be releasing Ivy Bridge Macbooks sometime before 2013.

This is just between us though, we can't let this get out into the wild.

mzjin

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2011
So I heard from a friend of a friend, who knows someone, that Apple might be releasing Ivy Bridge Macbooks sometime before 2013.

Uh, this is 100% guaranteed. Like the iPHone 5.

Frankied22

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2010

My friend also knows a friend who works at Apple, who knows a Best Buy manager, who knows a UPS driver, who is dating a lady whose niece goes to Berkeley. She takes a calligraphy class and the instructor knows a former Apple employee. This former employee got fired for telling his wife and friends the inner working of Apple. Anyway, he has a daughter who is dating a boy whose fathers lawyer has a high school friend who currently works at Apple. HE has heard in the Apple cafeteria that a couple coworkers heard the top executives and Tim talking about release dates for the next macs. The next day the man was fired and apparently Tim did it personally, citing his loose lips. But another worker said he also heard when the next refresh will happen. He said he read it on some website called MacRumors.

bill-p

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2011

Last night I dreamed of a new Retina-display MacBook Pro...

And guess what? The computer had the date set on... 2099! Rejoy!

chewes

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2012
My friend also knows a friend who works at Apple, who knows a Best Buy manager, who knows a UPS driver, who is dating a lady whose niece goes to Berkeley. She takes a calligraphy class and the instructor knows a former Apple employee. This former employee got fired for telling his wife and friends the inner working of Apple. Anyway, he has a daughter who is dating a boy whose fathers lawyer has a high school friend who currently works at Apple. HE has heard in the Apple cafeteria that a couple coworkers heard the top executives and Tim talking about release dates for the next macs. The next day the man was fired and apparently Tim did it personally, citing his loose lips. But another worker said he also heard when the next refresh will happen. He said he read it on some website called MacRumors.

Lol'd

flipnap

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2012
i bought a 15 macbook pro last week. it was the first time in almost ten years i have been on a mac. im currently between jobs (forcing myself to rest, i worked at blizzard and i had just crunched and needed at least a month break) so on a whim i just dropped into apple and picked up the mbp. i dropped 16 gigs of ram and gripped up logic (as im an audio engineer for fun.. been at it since 4 tracks on cassette) and i have to say it was a blast. i just hadnt given any thought to when the next mbp would be out. after hitting these forums i returned it yesterday. i bought the new ipad and the retina display is a HUGE improvement, and thinking about the new mbp having retina has me drooling, not to mention some improvement on the battery and less heat..

i returned it yesterday and am EXREMELY surprised at how much im missing it. i did a few projects on it last week and it was such an amazing pleasure to use. i cant believe ive been missing out all these years. i ran cubase and maya on the windows side with parrallels and with the 16g ram it was as seamless and beautiful as one could imagine. im actually depressed now without it. i know this is going to sound corny, but i feel emotionally attached to that machine. it was like having a desktop on my lap. i would get my morning coffee and sit on my couch working on final cut making some stupid short video untill 2 in the afternoon. so much fun. i really hope the new ones come out soon, because im jonesing.. but im hoping i made the right decision returning that one.

all i know is that tom petty was right... the waiting IS the hardest part..

SDAVE

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2007
Nowhere
Hi guys, today I visited my local Fry's.

All macbook pro are sold out, and they are selling 17 MacBook pro for only 1799 as a clearancece price.

And the manager told me that they will have new models in 2 weeks. Ivy bridge CPU.

:D

LOL, it doesn't take a genius to become a store manager of a Fry's/Best Buy/Whatever.

Guy sounds like a complete dunce.

Also Fry's are ran like a 1986 Toyota Corolla.

gngan

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld
My local Fry's even have NO MacBook on display.
That means new model is coming, and the manger just confirmed.

Lol. Do you not read people's response? Though I believe there's new MBP coming but I will not say it as CONFIRM. The so call manager is just as knowledgeable as us about new MBP.

mzjin

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2011
Its really not, Its one thing waiting for something you know will come at a specific time, another thing waiting for something that may come tomorrow or in six months.

It's guaranteed to be released in a month or two. These things are not rocket science.

Apple releases these not make you feel good, it's for profits and competitiveness.

So yes, all other makers are shipping Ivy in weeks, it means Apple will do the same with a refresh.

What is it that people don't understand about these simple business models?

Ohrstrom

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2012
Sweden
It's guaranteed to be released in a month or two. These things are not rocket science.

Apple releases these not make you feel good, it's for profits and competitiveness.

So yes, all other makers are shipping Ivy in weeks, it means Apple will do the same with a refresh.

What is it that people don't understand about these simple business models?

Excuse me? In what way does your comments refer at all to what I said? Alot of people have been waiting before today, and the point I was making was that waiting for something you know perfectly well when it will arrive, like a specific date, compared to sitting around hoping that it will come, every day... is DIFFERENT, that was my point, nothing else. Seems to have slipped past you though.

Implying that Im dumb for not understanding when you completely missed my point is something I do not appreciate.

MisterSensitive

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2012
Of course the Frys manager is right. Why else would he tell someone to come back in two weeks? Just to get them to repeatedly visit their store with cash in hand?

orthorim

Suspended
Feb 27, 2008
Of course the Frys manager is right. Why else would he tell someone to come back in two weeks? Just to get them to repeatedly visit their store with cash in hand?

Nooooo.....

Everyone knows salespeople are the most trustworthy people of all. They never lie or make stuff up. Ever.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
The longer it takes for Apple to release them the better. They need lots of time to get them debugged and up to Apples standard. If rushed, there will be problems like the poorly designed antenna that they shipped with iPhone 4.

Every time Apples runs longer than the release cycles of the past, the product is bug free and worth the wait.

I'll take quality, no matter how long it takes.

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010
I'm sure the original poster posted with good intentions, but a few years ago, when the white iphone had only just launched in the UK, I phoned my nearest Carphone Warehouse to ask if they had any in stock.

The guy I got on the phone passed me to his manager who told me in the most patronising and condescending tones that there was NO white iphone available in the UK, and it would defintely not be available until at least after Christmas (this was late summer I seem to recall).

I politely replied that he should check the front page of his own companies web site where a large banner boasted that they had new in stock the white iphone! I had one in my hands thirty minutes later.

So I suspect any retail estimates will be based on word of mouth or rumours.

TBH electonric shops in the UK have a habit of hiring total idiots. Especially phone shops.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.