Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davis168

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 30, 2012
Hello,

I'm having a hard time resolving an issue with my automatic software update service on my imac running 10.7.3. It keeps telling me that the server is not responding. After verifying internet connectivity and also using the service on my other mac successfully, I began searching for a resolution. The common resolution I found was to remove the com.apple.SoftwareUpdate.plist file from the /Library/Preferences/ folder. I've tried this but I still get the same unsuccessful result.

If there's anyone out there that can provide some additional insight on how to fix this problem, it would be greatly appreciated!

Davis

macnjack

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2011
Have you modified your hosts files to avoid any apple software from registering? i.e. software you may not have obtained legitimately. You would know if you have done this...just a thought to jog your memory.

Any programs such as Little snitch accidently blocking the outgoing?

Hello,

I'm having a hard time resolving an issue with my automatic software update service on my imac running 10.7.3. It keeps telling me that the server is not responding. After verifying internet connectivity and also using the service on my other mac successfully, I began searching for a resolution. The common resolution I found was to remove the com.apple.SoftwareUpdate.plist file from the /Library/Preferences/ folder. I've tried this but I still get the same unsuccessful result.

If there's anyone out there that can provide some additional insight on how to fix this problem, it would be greatly appreciated!

Davis

davis168

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 30, 2012
Hey macnjack,

Good call on the hosts file. I should have mentioned I checked this possibility as well but nothing.

I'm not familiar with little snitch so i would have to say no.

I have to admit that I did torrent ilife 11 like an idiot when I had no reason to. Long story short iphoto was all messed up and I ended copying the iphoto app from my macbook air to get it going again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.