Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlindSoul

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 30, 2010
Israel
Hello,

I just bought an Apple TV 3, And I got an iMac 2011. I was wondering if it's possible to download a tv show or movie from my Macbook Pro and then to watch it on the Apple TV 3 without destroying the video quality ( 720p ) and to keep the subtitles? and if so how?

Thank you very much!

Richdmoore

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2007
Troutdale, OR
Hello,

I just bought an Apple TV 3, And I got an iMac 2011. I was wondering if it's possible to download a tv show or movie from my Macbook Pro and then to watch it on the Apple TV 3 without destroying the video quality ( 720p ) and to keep the subtitles? and if so how?

Thank you very much!

I believe that the next OS, Mountain Lion, should allow you to screen mirror. Otherwise, if you put a show in iTunes, it should be available from the apple tv with home sharing.

JoltinJoe

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2009
Airparrot is an OSX app that allows mirroring of your Mac screen to the Apple TV.

Alternatively, you could download Handbrake (freeware) to convert your .mkv to .mp4 which are iTunes-compatible (and therefore can be Homeshared to Apple TV).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.