Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexreich

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2011
I hadn't ever thought about this, but now that I'm seeing your post, it would be a good idea. Will try it with my JB'd AppleTV now.

Just tried via the aTV Flash Black media player, and did not work. Tried using the aTV Flash web browser, and I could not view a .pdf file. Funny thing is, if I did a 'Quick Preview' of the .pdf in Google I could see the document, but I was not able to navigate through it, i.e. scroll up, down, left, right. I could zoom in, but could not zoom out.

So technically no, you can't at the moment, even with a jailbroken device.

Last edited:

GizmoDVD

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 11, 2008
SoCal
I hadn't ever thought about this, but now that I'm seeing your post, it would be a good idea. Will try it with my JB'd AppleTV now.

Just tried via the aTV Flash Black media player, and did not work. Tried using the aTV Flash web browser, and I could not view a .pdf file. Funny thing is, if I did a 'Quick Preview' of the .pdf in Google I could see the document, but I was not able to navigate through it, i.e. scroll up, down, left, right. I could zoom in, but could not zoom out.

So technically no, you can't at the moment, even with a jailbroken device.

Damn. We want to use one of these at work to display are various PDF files and the only work around is converting them to JPG which is a pain in the butt (and can't be updated on the fly).

bearda

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2005
Roanoke, VA
No way to do it directly. If you have one available you can view them on an iPhone or iPad and AirPlay mirror them. That may be as close as it gets at the moment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.