Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

john_browett_headshot-150x171.jpg
One week ago, we noted that former Dixons Retail CEO had officially started his job as senior vice president of retail at Apple. Browett's start date of April 20 was revealed by securities filling revealing that he had received stock rights currently worth $60 million as of that date.

At the time, we pointed out that Browett had not been added to Apple's leadership page on its website, but that issue has now been addressed and Browett has received his own dedicated page with the standard headshot photo and a brief biography.
John Browett is Apple's senior vice president of retail, reporting to CEO Tim Cook. Browett serves on the company's executive team and oversees Apple's retail strategy and the continued expansion of Apple retail stores around the world.

John joined Apple in April 2012 from European technology retailer Dixons Retail, where he was CEO since 2007. Prior to joining Dixons Retail, Browett held a series of executive positions at Tesco plc including CEO of Tesco.com. Earlier in his career he advised retail and consumer goods clients at Boston Consulting Group.

He holds a degree in Natural Sciences from Cambridge University and an MBA from Wharton Business School.
Given that Apple lists its executives in alphabetical order with the exception of CEO Tim Cook, Browett holds a prominent position on the main page directly next to Cook. With Browett's arrival, the senior executive leadership team now includes ten members, all of whom with the exception of Browtt and general counsel Bruce Sewell have been with the company for at least ten years.

Article Link: Apple's New Retail Chief John Browett Added to Executive Leadership Pages

SynPiekarza

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2011
It appeared to me just now, we have an iOS software svp, but no OS X software one. I remember Bertrand Serlet used to be responsible for OS X. Then Craig Federighi replaced him, but nonetheless he's not present there.

So how is it with OS X? Who responsible for that?

blow45

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2011
60 mil can get you a good barber apparently.

He holds a degree in Natural Sciences from Cambridge University

It appeared to me just now, we have an iOS software svp, but no OS X software one. I remember Bertrand Serlet used to be responsible for OS X. Then Craig Federighi replaced him, but nonetheless he's not present there.

If you've used lion you shouldn't be asking why there's a big void to who is responsible for it...

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005

Federighi remains a VP and so is not a member of the senior executive team. He did, however, report directly to Steve Jobs once he took over for Serlet and presumably now reports to Tim Cook.

I'm not sure why he hasn't been elevated to the SVP level.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
I wish they'd update Ive's photo. It's not like he doesn't know how to smile.

97c786a7.jpg

mixel

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2006
Leeds, UK
Wow, the Apple make-over did wonders for him. @_@

Looking forward to seeing what he does at Apple, it's certainly different to what he's been doing in the past.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.