Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
having a drink at Milliways
Good news: I have snuck into each and every room we have access too and they are all completely empty. No bad guys - no treasure - no nothing.

There is a stairwell, though - shall we head in that direction? Or do you want to explore this floor further?

all empty? thats weird
before we move, can you give some more details about the various rooms?
shape and size, are there any windows? any locked or unlocked doors? anything descriptive? which door leads to the room with the stairs?

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
all empty? thats weird
before we move, can you give some more details about the various rooms?
shape and size, are there any windows? any locked or unlocked doors? anything descriptive? which door leads to the room with the stairs?

Can you repost the map you made? I'm at work and some of the maps dont' show up on my work computer so I have to use my phone.

Needless to say, it's not the easiest thing in the world to do.

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
i know what you mean, i am on the pho e as well :)

edit: this should work

attachment.php

Last edited:

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
The stairwell is in the room through 2d9.

2d10, 2d11, 2d13 are all enclosed smallish rooms.

Large room off of 2d8 with 2 locked doors.

Large room of of 2d6 with entrance to a smaller room. No other doors.

2d7 extends to a larger hallway with 2 locked doors and 1 open door.

That should be everything.

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
The stairwell is in the room through 2d9.

2d10, 2d11, 2d13 are all enclosed smallish rooms.

Large room off of 2d8 with 2 locked doors.

Large room of of 2d6 with entrance to a smaller room. No other doors.

2d7 extends to a larger hallway with 2 locked doors and 1 open door.

That should be everything.

couple more questions:

- are 2d13, 2d11, 2d10 all equally deep (as if reaching the outer wall?

- on which walls are the 2 locked doors in 2d8 (E,W,S)? how large is the room, does it extend to the W to the wall with the 269 door, or just to the end of the hall (where the 2d12 door is, or more/less) what about to the W? just beyonf 2d8 at the level of the 2d7 door, to the 2d6 door? how deep is the room? does it go down to the level of rooms 2D and 2C? deeper?

- is 2d6 as deep as 2d8, does it extend to the E so that it has a wall in common with 2d8 or does it seem there is a room in between? does it extend to the W all the way to the 2D closet? where is the smaller room? is it just connected by an 'opening' (like an arch)?

- how long is the 2d7 hall? up to the level of locked door 2d14? longer? shorter? is it a straight hall? where re the unlocked and locked doors?

ok, i tried to draft up something, can you help me refine it?

Last edited:

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
^^^

You're one of those pesky detail oriented people, aren't you? :eek:

I may have to wait until I go to work, so my assistant can answer those questions. ;) Just kidding, I'll take a look and report back.

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
^^^

You're one of those pesky detail oriented people, aren't you? :eek:

I may have to wait until I go to work, so my assistant can answer those questions. ;) Just kidding, I'll take a look and report back.

well, i think having a good map helps us decide what to do.
the more precise is the map, the more accurately we can guess where the other rooms are and how to get there.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Well, here's the thing, from what I understand the Don can move his pieces around. So just because there aren't goons in a room now that doesn't mean they might not be there later.

Moyank, I'm still confused about your sneaking ability in terms of finding stuff. Just because you say there is nothing in a room then does that mean we wouldn't find anyting if we went in there and searched or does that mean that you just couldn't see anything visible when you were in there?

Does that make sense? For example, you sneaked in, scanned the room, and didn't see anything, but when the group goes in and actually searches the room we find a key hidden under the rug. Is this kind of scenario even possible?

ravenvii can you provide some clarity?

If Moyank's sneaking ability is just as good as us searching, then there is no reason to search any of those empty rooms. We just need to decide on where we want to go next and then make it happen.

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
couple more questions:

- are 2d13, 2d11, 2d10 all equally deep (as if reaching the outer wall?

Yes

- on which walls are the 2 locked doors in 2d8 (E,W,S)? how large is the room, does it extend to the W to the wall with the 269 door, or just to the end of the hall (where the 2d12 door is, or more/less) what about to the W? just beyonf 2d8 at the level of the 2d7 door, to the 2d6 door? how deep is the room? does it go down to the level of rooms 2D and 2C? deeper?

2 locked doors in 2d8 are W & S

On your map 2p only extends as far as the existing hallway.

2q doesn't exist on my map

- is 2d6 as deep as 2d8, does it extend to the E so that it has a wall in common with 2d8 or does it seem there is a room in between? does it extend to the W all the way to the 2D closet? where is the smaller room? is it just connected by an 'opening' (like an arch)?

- how long is the 2d7 hall? up to the level of locked door 2d14? longer? shorter? is it a straight hall? where re the unlocked and locked doors?

ok, i tried to draft up something, can you help me refine it?

Can we start with that and start to move forward now? As we go into these rooms, we'll get a revised map.

And mscriv - as far as I know, raven previously answered this - I can see if there is anything in the room - I just can't pick anything up. I also had him clarify that these rooms were all empty - of loot and goons.

----------

My vote is to to the room with stairs and move down those

Mine too...

All this map business is making me tired. :cool:

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Can we start with that and start to move forward now? As we go into these rooms, we'll get a revised map.

And mscriv - as far as I know, raven previously answered this - I can see if there is anything in the room - I just can't pick anything up. I also had him clarify that these rooms were all empty - of loot and goons

Cool, thanks for clarifying things. I say we move forward. My suggestion would be either 2d6 or 2d7 as they both will lead us to another unlocked door. We have two moves available, so either way we can get to an unexplored room by choosing one of those options.

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
Cool, thanks for clarifying things. I say we move forward. My suggestion would be either 2d6 or 2d7 as they both will lead us to another unlocked door. We have two moves available, so either way we can get to an unexplored room by choosing one of those options.

2d6 is an L-shaped room with a smaller room in the top right corner. The smaller room has no doors, so i'm not sure this is the way to go. The room also extends to 2D.

2d7 is a long hallway with a locked door bottom left and top right...and an open door top left...

If you'd like I can sneak into the open door and see where it leads...but I vote to at least see what's at the bottom of the stairs.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
2d6 is an L-shaped room with a smaller room in the top right corner. The smaller room has no doors, so i'm not sure this is the way to go. The room also extends to 2D.

2d7 is a long hallway with a locked door bottom left and top right...and an open door top left...

If you'd like I can sneak into the open door and see where it leads...but I vote to at least see what's at the bottom of the stairs.

Oops, sorry, I thought you said that the small room in 2d6 had an entrance (post #531)? If everyone wants to go downstairs that's fine with me, but from the map it would appear that the stairs are going to take us down to the back stairs on level one where we have already explored.

I thought you could only sneak into rooms adjacent to the room we are in? I didn't know you could sneak multiple rooms ahead. If you can do it and want to do it then okay.

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
Oops, sorry, I thought you said that the small room in 2d6 had an entrance? If everyone wants to go downstairs that's fine with me, but from the map it would appear that the stairs are going to take us down to the back stairs on level one where we have already explored.

I thought you could only sneak into rooms adjacent to the room we are in? I didn't know you could sneak multiple rooms ahead. If you can do it and want to do it then okay.

The bigger room only has an entrance to a smaller room. Beyond that there are no other doors.

About the stairs - we didn't encounter them when we were in the lower level (at least I don't think we did - I could be wrong though) which may suggest this is a part we didn't visit yet. And who knows? Maybe the stairs are going up. ;)

I can sneak into any room. I really am very useful. :D

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004

And mscriv - as far as I know, raven previously answered this - I can see if there is anything in the room - I just can't pick anything up. I also had him clarify that these rooms were all empty - of loot and goons.

i think ravenvii made clear that if moyank's search is the same as our explore, except form the picking up part. so in terms of keys and treasure, those should be clean.

I am attaching a revised map of the second floor and also a map of the first floor.

going down the stairs in 2P would most likely bring us back to room 1D.

2Q i put just because the locked door 2d18 must lead somewhere

is the residual unlocked door in 2G in the position I (semi-randomly) put it? or does it go N or E from the 2G hall?

Is 2T and 2U (where 2U is the smaller room without a door) roughly accurate?
Are 2R, 2T and 2C aligned along their south walls

i realized you are bored with the map stuff, but it does make a difference in my opinion.
and we have been doing nothing for very extend periods of time, at least now we are discussing strategies. :)

EDIT, i updated the map based on your last two posts.

if you can sneak into 2i without us having to move into 2G first, go right ahead. :)

Last edited:

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
Apparently, I'm not very useful...

I can only sneak into rooms that are accessible from where we are. So we would have to move into the hallway before checking out those rooms.

I was confussed (sp)...:eek::(

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
Apparently, I'm not very useful...

I can only sneak into rooms that are accessible from where we are. So we would have to move into the hallway before checking out those rooms.

I was confussed (sp)...:eek::(

ok, so the main options are ➟2G➟2i or ➟2P➘1D,
with Moyank sneaking into the second room in either case

i am thinking there has to be at least another accessible room with a key upstairs, considering there are 6 additonal locked doors, so i'd say 2G.
moyank, can you look at the latest version of the Mappy-map (post 543) and see if it's roughly correct?

mscriv, just to make sure, can you test the key we do have on the 2d14 door?

Last edited:

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
ok, so the main options are ➟2G➟2i or ➟2P➘1D,
with Moyank sneaking into the second room in either case

i am thinking there has to be at least another accessible room with a key upstairs, considering there are 6 additonal locked doors, so i'd say 2G.
moyank, can you look at the latest version of the Mappy-map (post 543) and see if it's roughly correct?

mscriv, just to make sure, can you test the key we do have on the 2d14 door?

That looks good..although there's no room 2K on my map...just a doorway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.