Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
It's very straight-forward. No need for any tips really.

The ones I would give a child or my parents are:
- don't let the battery drain down too low regularly... Try to charge it by the time you hit 10 percent or so
- keep the iPad in a good spot don't keep it in a hot car
- get a case for the iPad... Not hard to scratch the thing... Don't bother with a screen guard though
- the camera lens on the back is something you don't want scratched so just be careful

The general words of advice are to be careful.

As far as using the device goes, just have fun, it's easy.

really? from my tests if i didnt let my battery fully die before recharging my reading was inaccurate. for example it would last 15 min on 1% after long periods of recharging often. After letting it die, and recharging it, it seemed to be a more constant battery drain. I guess its the same, 6 one way, half a dozen the other way. You get the same length, just not as accurate reading.

Ipadfever

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2012
I test any new device that I'm lucky enough to get & am very comfortable with Apple customer service if there should be any problems. I've very excited here :)

----------

LOL, Nothing takes away my joy over getting a new toy! :D

Apple certainly does have A -1 customer service....it's second to none and not many can dispute that

TheWheelMan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2011
really? from my tests if i didnt let my battery fully die before recharging my reading was inaccurate. for example it would last 15 min on 1% after long periods of recharging often. After letting it die, and recharging it, it seemed to be a more constant battery drain. I guess its the same, 6 one way, half a dozen the other way. You get the same length, just not as accurate reading.

Apple themselves say to calibrate it once a month. draining it frequently will kill your battery quicker. Rare you sure your reading is inaccurate? It shouldn't get uncalibrated so easily.

Geekbabe

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Oh my God :eek: it is here & the screen is STUNNING :D

Btw, it's a DY series

I am trying out the voice dictation and I think I like it. Oh wow that types exactly what I asked it to this is cool. :)

Last edited:

yeah

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2011
Oh my God :eek: it is here & the screen is STUNNING :D

Btw, it's a DY series

I am trying out the voice dictation and I think I like it. Oh wow that types exactly what I asked it to this is cool. :)

The new iPad is by-far the best tablet out there. I mean:

Retina Display
Quad-Core graphics
4G LTE/HSPA+
5MP camera
And all the other stuff..... All with the same 10 hour battery as the iPad 2.
Downside: The battery takes longer to charge.

Geekbabe

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
I can't get over how clear and crisp the text is, Reading the forums is just as clear as reading the newspaper! this screen appears to be nice and clear, whites are bright and there are no pink blue or yellow tints that I can see so far.

----------

Wait! Is it tomorrow!!? Aw, nope, not yet..... Sorry.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I posted that comment yesterday on April 30 silly :)

PaulWog

Suspended
Jun 28, 2011

I said don't let it drop to 0 regularly... Regularly does not equate to always.

Don't know why people are thumbing down info if they don't understand the English.

Geekbabe

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
I stayed up late installing apps, I can't believe how many apps there are to chose from! Every single subject I searched the app store for yielded tons of choices!

I took iPad to work today, it connected instantly to wifi & I was able to dictate email & get real work done with it. My co-workers all wanted to see it & all were amazed at how great the image quality is. More than one person says they now want to buy one for themselves.

I like the iPad :D I think I'll keep it,

Redjericho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
I would suggest licking the screen to ensure it has optimal quality glass, as well as holding it at exactly a 45 degree angle perpendicular to the international date line, this will ensure your gyroscope is properly fitted.

Seriously, just enjoy it.

Geekbabe

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
I would suggest licking the screen to ensure it has optimal quality glass, as well as holding it at exactly a 45 degree angle perpendicular to the international date line, this will ensure your gyroscope is properly fitted.

Seriously, just enjoy it.

LOL, I am enjoying it, getting new tech toys is just like Christmas to me & so far I am delighted with this device.

nickn

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2011
I have a good suggestion... Put it back in the box, and return it for a refund. I have no doubt Apple will eventually screw you over.

sinser

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2003
I too marveled at the 3 I pad 3's I received,
But yes as the pixie dust fell off it turned on me like oj on Nichole.......

Give it a few days and then show your co- workers the pink,brown and
Yellow screen.
Tip it at a angle-ah I can see the light(bezel leak)

So true, reading these forums ruins all kind of enjoyment (but makes up for some good laugh). I don't care about mine anymore, it's just a piece of consumer electronics. The day it starts to bug me, I'll throw it on ebay.

mustu

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2011
look for dust and pixel issues

dust i am sure you will find.

turn the display off and look at it near a window with sunlight :rolleyes:

Geekbabe

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
look for dust and pixel issues

dust i am sure you will find.

turn the display off and look at it near a window with sunlight :rolleyes:

I've checked using the tests posted here in another thread, I have also used my ipad at work, then in my home office, in our den, bedroom and on the patio, the screen is fine in all of my normal use situations. There is no dust or dead pixels that I can see. Of course, I didn't go under my bed covers in a totally darkened room to check it with a jeweler's loop so it is possible I missed something :)

Last edited:

mustu

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2011
I've checked using the tests posted here in another thread, I have also used my ipad at work, then in my home office, in our den, bedroom and on the patio, the screen is fine in all of my normal use situations. There is no dust or dead pixels that I can see. Of course, I didn't go under my bed covers in a totally darkened room to check it with a jeweler's loop so it is possible I missed something :)

Ha Ha well you will not find dust under the bed cover but in the sunlight with the display turned off...

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010

Best advice--stay off the forums if you're happy with it. This place can be a huge downer. For the complainers (I have been one in the past too, don't get me wrong) I have put forth the challenge of going to all the forums they can think of and gather all the unique names of all the complainers and get a final tally, and we'll compare that to the 12 million iPads already sold, and see what kind of percentage we get. Nobody has taken up that challenge yet, and I'M sure not going to do it, because I'm already pretty sure I know what the percentage will be.

Good to see you're enjoying yours. I too got a terrific iPad right out of the box. This was not the case with my iPad 2, which started getting dust under the screen after about 2 weeks of use and caused me to do some returns. (Never did get a completely dust free iPad 2.) My iPad 3 has good screen color, no dust under the screen and is cosmetically pretty close to perfect. (There is one small mark on the black bezel that you can only see at weird angles under certain kinds of lighting. Nothing that annoys me.)

The iPad is truly the best and most versatile gadget I have ever owned. I use it for literally almost everything.

Geekbabe

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ha Ha well you will not find dust under the bed cover but in the sunlight with the display turned off...

I totally understand that each of us has different levels of tolerance for various screen quality issues but I'm not going to be using my iPad in direct sunlight with the screen turned off. I am satisfied that my screen does not have any dust large enough to distract my eyes under my normal usage conditions.

I really like my iPad is that against some sort of forum rule?

----------

Get yourself a stereo bluetooth headset, so you'll have freedom of movement while using your iPad. Regular headphones could cause your iPad to hit the floor by accident.

Enjoy your new iPad :D

Which Bluetooth headset would you recommend?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.