Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmcwally

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2009
I purchased the MLB subscription and in the past to watch local games I use to jailbreak my iPhone and fake my location to view local games and airplay them to the apple tv. Now this season AirPlay doesnt even work on the app for any game. Is there anyway to hack the apple tv to change the ip address to make it play natively for local games or get AirPlay to work on a jail broken device ?

kowen14

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2011
i do the same thing this season and have no problems with my iphone..also use the ipad2 to do the same thing ...just use fake location in mexico and every game works

dmcwally

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2009
hmmm

im using the new apple tv 1080p model. i tried on my non jailbroken 4s and it doenst work for any game i even tried reinstalling the app. i tried with a jailbroken iphone 4 with the gps hidden and doenst work . and the ipad 1 non jailbroken and it doenst work either

kowen14

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2011
i have an atv2 and atv3 and it works on both...atv2 jailbroken and the atv not of course...both iphone4 and ipad2 are jailbroken..as soon as i play a game on the ipad or iphone there is an option to use airplay. does airplay work for anything else?

testerdennis

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2011
i have an atv2 and atv3 and it works on both...atv2 jailbroken and the atv not of course...both iphone4 and ipad2 are jailbroken..as soon as i play a game on the ipad or iphone there is an option to use airplay. does airplay work for anything else?

Did you try to Mirror it to your apple tv. ?

vividpixel

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2011
I use dirtcheapproxies.com $3 a month for a Canadian proxy with unlimited bandwidth, lets me see Fox weekly broadcasts as well. Also, I use iPad mirroring to send to my AppleTV

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.