Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hbueain

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2006
Just realized I got a couple Chinese songs that were "matched" by iTunes and were upgraded to 256kbps that wasn't even available for purchase through iTunes store.

Anyone got any insights on how this works?

scaled.php

Last edited:

RedRallyeZ

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2010
Same experience here.

I had a bunch of ACDC songs show as matched. not sure how as last i checked, they were not on iTunes.

jnolas2

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2007
Chicago, IL
You should check to see if iTunes actually matched it with the proper song. I've had songs, even some that are in the iTunes store, incorrectly match with completely different songs.

Mak47

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Assuming it matched the correct songs, I can see a few possibilities.

1. The songs are available in other countries. This means they're in the library, just not for sale individually.

2. Apple has the songs in it's library, potentially as part of a big "package" delivery from a label, and is authorized to match them--even though some licensing may not be in place for individual sales.

3. The songs were available at one time, but for some reason now they are not. Apple would still have the songs in their library and would likely be able to match them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.