Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iRooney

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2011
Charleston, SC
I have an external hard drive connected to my Airport Extreme - formatted HFS+. I am trying to get XBMC on ATV2 to detect the drive, but I am having no luck no matter what I do. I tried manually typing in smb paths, but it couldn't find it. I tried browsing the zeroconf way, but I get nothing there either. Anyone have any ideas?

Anti-Lucifer

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
I have an external hard drive connected to my Airport Extreme - formatted HFS+. I am trying to get XBMC on ATV2 to detect the drive, but I am having no luck no matter what I do. I tried manually typing in smb paths, but it couldn't find it. I tried browsing the zeroconf way, but I get nothing there either. Anyone have any ideas?

it's always the IP of the time capsule/airport extreme. So it's always X.X.X.1 or whatever you set your router's starting IP address to.

But to see any files/folders, be sure in the ROOT of the drive, create a folder called: /Shared

And then drop whatever files/folders you wish into that Shared/ folder and it will show up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.