Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

When will the iMac be released? Whats your guess...

• 8. may

Votes: 8 11.3%
  • 15. may

Votes: 36 50.7%
  • 22. may

Votes: 8 11.3%
  • 29. may

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • 5. june

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • 11. june (WWDC)

Votes: 11 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kitsunestudios

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2012
If I was a gambler, I would take odds on May 15th.

Agreed.

Also, Mother's Day is on the 13th in North America, and Apple's promoting that in their e-mail announcements right now. I'm guessing that they won't bring out new hardware in the middle of that promotion.

lifeguard90

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2010
Chicago
Agreed.

Also, Mother's Day is on the 13th in North America, and Apple's promoting that in their e-mail announcements right now. I'm guessing that they won't bring out new hardware in the middle of that promotion.

that makes sense too, maybe mother day will be their last effort to clear out some stock before the new ones come out. There is already some chatter about foreign inventory dwindling and the apple online store is showing 2-4 business day delivery on many CTO orders. EVEN IN THE US. So a "bank holiday" means nothing in America. Point is i think were seeing the beginning of a refresh coming in after Mothers Day but before WWDC with enough weeks in-between to gain sales and attention. Next week maybe ehh, but if chatter and stock news picks up through Monday, and Tues/Wed no refresh then its solid to say 15/16th or 22/23.

Maverickz

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2012
Shipping dates in the Netherlands

Hello all :)

My first post as a new registered forum member :)

Shipping dates for the Netherlands:
Apple.nl: all standard configurations are in stock. They guarantee delivery before mothers day. Custom builds take at least 4 working days to become ready for shipment.

Mediamarkt.nl: biggest reseller in the Netherlands. Not all configurations are available. A week or two ago they offered big discounts on all apple computers (- EUR 100).

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
All iMacs in the uk store were in stock earlier today and there were refurbished models available. This afternoon there are no refurbished iMacs and the shipping date has slipped to 1-2 days.

Cooshan

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2012
Noticed an oddity in the uk store.

The standard models state 1-2 business days. Any BTO except ram pushes it to 4 days. However if you select the any model with upgraded ram it states in stock.

Also I don't think it's down to bank holiday monday as macbook pro's still say 1-3 days for BTO

lifeguard90

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2010
Chicago
Just checked imac shipping CTO again, seems that it is indeed slipping. 2-4 days still. Wonder if it will hit 3-5 later next week

What i also compared was mbp custom shippping times. There remained 1-3 days on anything custom.

This tells me 4 things-

1. Imac times are slipping for real, and stock is dwindling a little

2- imac wil likely come first

3- wwdc seems logical more for a a popular handheld notebook to show vs large imac. + core i3 isnt ready til june.

4- this keeps my hopes up enough to leave my mid may next two week guess alive

TopToffee

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2008
iMac is out of stock (21.5 and 27") in the Tesco Home Extra (large electrical department) near me. Sales staff didn't know when it'd be back in stock.

Robste

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2012
Kaarst, Germany
A big German seller of electronics "expert-technomarkt.de" gonna out of stock of the 21´and 27´models of imacs. They only have to reorder the models for a order.

rvinther

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2009
Denmark
Just checked imac shipping CTO again, seems that it is indeed slipping. 2-4 days still. Wonder if it will hit 3-5 later next week

What i also compared was mbp custom shippping times. There remained 1-3 days on anything custom.

This tells me 4 things-

1. Imac times are slipping for real, and stock is dwindling a little

2- imac wil likely come first

3- wwdc seems logical more for a a popular handheld notebook to show vs large imac. + core i3 isnt ready til june.

4- this keeps my hopes up enough to leave my mid may next two week guess alive

Seems like the iMac is on its way:) and that it is proberly gonna be silent update. We will keep tracking the shipping dates and we will get a good idea if it is next week or the week after;)

ds82

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2012
Berlin, Germany
The same thing happened 2-3 weeks ago and after a few days everything went back to normal. So don't get your hopes up, yet ...

lifeguard90

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2010
Chicago
The same thing happened 2-3 weeks ago and after a few days everything went back to normal. So don't get your hopes up, yet ...

Fair point. But that was a few weeks ago and the shipping slip has been going on for most of this past week + mbp does not show slippage Release should be closer now. Lets monitor this. When i go to stores this weekend/ week i will look at imac floor stock too

Mister Bumbo

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2012
When this happened a few weeks ago there werent any reported price cuts were there?

That combined with shops going out of stock and longer shipping times hopefully proves something is about to happen! :)

lifeguard90

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2010
Chicago
the apple online refurbished section has one type of the 21.5" model and two types of the 27", this is less than the other day where there were like 3/5 ratio.

----------

whats also odd is that while the shipping times slipped and refurb options are less, the education store still shows 1-3 days for CTO iMacs.

Logos327

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2008
Keep in mind, Apple does not give insider knowledge to 3rd party resellers. While the results on that front we have seen may be due to Apple restricting supply, it could just as much have to do with the fact these resellers are smart enough to know that an iMac refresh is overdue and thus are reluctant to buy more stock in large quantities.

And again, I point to the article nearly a month ago stating MBP availability was constrained (iMac availability seems to be better than that if we haven't had an article about it), and nothing came out of that. While this thread is interesting, people shouldn't be getting their hopes up based off of its findings.

lifeguard90

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2010
Chicago
Keep in mind, Apple does not give insider knowledge to 3rd party resellers. While the results on that front we have seen may be due to Apple restricting supply, it could just as much have to do with the fact these resellers are smart enough to know that an iMac refresh is overdue and thus are reluctant to buy more stock in large quantities.

And again, I point to the article nearly a month ago stating MBP availability was constrained (iMac availability seems to be better than that if we haven't had an article about it), and nothing came out of that. While this thread is interesting, people shouldn't be getting their hopes up based off of its findings.

Ok be negative and ruin the guessing fun for and overdue refresh

Imaginethe

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2012
UK
All the 4gb Ram iMacs are showing shipping 1-2 business days, but the 8gb versions are still in stock.

Onns

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2012
Small update: Norwegian reseller Komplett.no (one of the biggest) is now sold out. None of the iMacs are in stock, "unconfirmed" re-stock on the 7th and 18th of May for a couple of them, the rest appear to be ordered by request only.

Only thing I think is weird is the "unconfirmed" part. They should know when the machines will be delivered to them?

lifeguard90

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2010
Chicago
Small update: Norwegian reseller Komplett.no (one of the biggest) is now sold out. None of the iMacs are in stock, "unconfirmed" re-stock on the 7th and 18th of May for a couple of them, the rest appear to be ordered by request only.

Only thing I think is weird is the "unconfirmed" part. They should know when the machines will be delivered to them?

what i see as odd is the 7th and 18th being far apart. Only thing i can think of is SSD models arriving after, or maybe just delays for 3rd parties

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.