Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brn2rnjk1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
My wife is doing a photo montage (with music) using FCP. All of a sudden, the program is running very slow or crashing after she puts in a transmission. It also claims we have over 2800 photos in the montage which isn't true. I don't know the program, but was wondering if there are duplicative stuff or something that is making the program slow down etc. Has anyone experienced this and have a suggestion/solution? It also stops rendering at spots.

We have a imac (intel) with 4G chip and over 200G left on the harddrive.

Paratel

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2005
Somewhere in the US
Never experienced that issue with FCP. In my opinion, I would download fotomagico from the app store and use that for my montages. A whole heck of alot easier dealing with the transitions and audio expecially in FCP if you are using keyframes to add motion to your pics

Sounds like you might be taxing the RAM. How much ram is in the machine? FCP is RAM hungry!

http://www.boinx.com/fotomagico/overview/

brn2rnjk1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Which version of Fotomagico do you use? Is it easy if you know iMovie etc. I assume it takes film clips also.

We have 4G internal.

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
How big are the images? If you start asking FCP (are you using 7 or X) to scale down and move around dozens (hundreds?) of 4k or greater images it will start to crawl.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.