Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jefferyd32

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 22, 2009
Seattle, WA
i just got a new car that has a hard drive that only accepts WMA files. Is there a way to convert my iTunes MP3's to WMA files on my Mac so I can load them via USB in my car?

Thanks

Jefferyd32

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 22, 2009
Seattle, WA
It won't read straight mp3s only wma files. It's a 2008 dodge charger. Trust me I tried.

----------

What is XLD?

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
I've looked at the 2008 Charger specs, it claims MP3 support. It would be crazy to have a media player that didn't support MP3 nowadays. How are you trying to import the music? USB?

And yes WMA is a proprietary Windows format.

Jefferyd32

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 22, 2009
Seattle, WA
Yeah, I am trying to us USB, as when I use CD's it often doesn't make a clean copy. It may claim mp3, but the navigation booklet states wma files only. And when a USB is plugged in with straight mp3's it says no supported files found. Looks like I'll have to find a windows machine I can use to convert to wma's.

I've looked at the 2008 Charger specs, it claims MP3 support. It would be crazy to have a media player that didn't support MP3 nowadays. How are you trying to import the music? USB?

And yes WMA is a proprietary Windows format.

rbrian

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2011
Aberdeen, Scotland
Windows 8 consumer preview is currently free to download. I used Bootcamp to install it when I need Windows for one tiny simple thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.