Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eternlgladiator

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2010
Twin Cities
I don't think russia deserves some of the **** we give it here in america. almost all those people have an equally stupid and more likely more stupid person here in america that could outdo them at this game.

acidfast7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 22, 2008
EU
I don't think russia deserves some of the **** we give it here in america. almost all those people have an equally stupid and more likely more stupid person here in america that could outdo them at this game.

I love America and would never post anything derogatory about it.

MorphingDragon

macrumors 603
Mar 27, 2009
The World Inbetween
Umm... OK.

I'm sure you could easily find a nice collection of photos from any country of odd things and situations.

Breast Cancer awareness in New Zealand:
New-Zealand-Breast-Cancer-Awareness.jpg

Anonymous Protests in NZ:
800px-NZAnon.jpg

Last edited:

dXTC

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Up, up in my studio, studio
The first picture in the linked blog entry immediately reminded me of John Pinette's bit about Russia's long lines for bread.

large.jpg

"Have you had the bread? Oh, that's good bread!"

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea
I love America and would never post anything derogatory about it.

That's not really healthy, is it? I love my country... but I think we make it better by pointing out it's less than stellar qualities. That is, if it had it any, eh? ...

Take some of those Russian photos, turn them into B&W images and you'd be hard-pressed to tell the difference between them and Farm Security Administration images of the '30s.

dXTC

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Up, up in my studio, studio
Damn, I've been quoting the "you been here 4 HOUR!!" line forever. I never knew the guys name or if anyone else remembered that. Good post! :)

I really like the extended version he's done in the past; it's the one iJohnHenry linked, with the Japanese and Indian buffets and the additional comments from the Chinese owner, like "You scare my WIFE!"

When he does this bit nowadays, usually as an encore, it's often abbreviated. Case in point: the end of his "I'm Starvin'!" special.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Some of that is pretty funny, but it's really just generic funny photos. You could find stuff like that in any country in the world, like the guy above just said about New Zealand (BTW, I remember those breast cancer ads, they were weird as ****).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.