Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

catdailey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2010
Anyone know when this case is coming out? Looks like it has all I'm looking for... carbon fiber, slim, doesn't cover the bezel. Emailed Incipio but haven't heard back...

Been through all the alternatives (even ordered the Scosche, which doesn't fit, and they've since taken it off the site for the new iPad :mad:) and I'm praying that this one is the one finally...

Thanks!

scdad

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2012
Haven't heard of this one before, but it looks really nice. I'm still waiting to find my perfect case. I was hoping Speck would come out with something that meets all my criteria. This is definitely intriguing. I'll be checking for updates on this one!

scdad

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2012
Why isn't there any information on incipio's website? Will they offer it as well or are they using alternate distribution methods?

catdailey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2010
Message(S) from Incipio

I got two messages from Incipio's customer support yesterday... one in response to an email I sent, one in response to live support.

One person said end of April, early May for the Flagship Folio, the other said early May.

I can't wait. I think this case meets all of my needs. (Fingers crossed!)

catdailey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2010
Incipio Flagship Folio

Just started seeing early reviews of this case, and lo and behold, it appears to be in stock at Amazon. I ordered one and will update when it comes in :D

psychonaut

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
Was going to order this but it looks to add too much weight for my liking at almost 13oz that's over 1/2 a pound.

geoelectric

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2008
I thought of the STM Grip too when first looking at it.. but seems like its significantly heavier.

At 12 oz, definitely. I weighed the STM Grip in another thread, and it was around 8 oz.

I imagine it's the hinge mechanism that makes it heavier. It actually looks like a nice case, but I remember how much I hated the rigid clasp on the front of the Grip poking into my hand in book mode. Looks like this'd have the same problem.

BTW, hitting Google Shopper shows one five-star-rated merchant with it at $41, if you're willing to wait for their shipment to come in. Looks legit to me.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
high quality
fit and finished well
will the alum hinges last?
semi tricky method of setting up ,but excellent typing position
gets looks, being nice simulated CF
great drop protection
minor overweight, but possible "perfect" case 4 me...
47b9d952.jpg

Last edited:

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Just an update on this case...after using it for business this weekend, I am sold on this unit. it gets looks, has the best protection I have had yet and offers great positions for the pad. If the alum hinge holds out and once you master how it sets up, it beats the other 15 cases I own for every situation I can put the pad in; business, travel, personal and home....a winner here.

ElDogman

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2008
Just an update on this case...after using it for business this weekend, I am sold on this unit. it gets looks, has the best protection I have had yet and offers great positions for the pad. If the alum hinge holds out and once you master how it sets up, it beats the other 15 cases I own for every situation I can put the pad in; business, travel, personal and home....a winner here.

how do you feel about its bulkiness and weight?

uscmba02

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2012

I agree with you. I've only had this case for a day, but I think its the one for me. I've tried about 15 other cases including the STM Grip, Switcheasy Canvas, multiple backs for smart covers, The various Targus cases, ect. This one addresses all my issues. The only downside is it is a little heavy, but all these folio style cases are.

ElDogman

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2008
quick question to you owners

how is book mode on the flagship folio
and
good typing positions?

uscmba02

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2012
quick question to you owners

how is book mode on the flagship folio
and
good typing positions?

Book mode doesn't bother me. Each side has a bump when the case is folded back, one for the hinge and one for the clasp. The case will lay flat because the bumps are about the same size if you follow me.

Typing positions are excellent. The case has a lot of angles, because if you examine the picture above you can see that the hinge mechanism is actually two parts. Depending on which way you flip that little part you can get a different angle. The lowest angle can be adjusted about a half inch up or down just by flipping that thing over. Hope this helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.