Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you a naturist?

• Yes

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 36 90.0%

• Total voters

neiltc13

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Probably someone will give these reasons that they are:

1. No animal cruelty
2. Healthier
3. Gives more stamina, strength and speed

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland

1. No animal cruelty
2. Healthier

2191641-ohyou.jpg

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA

1. No animal cruelty
2. Healthier

My understanding (likely incorrect) of "naturist" is that it is another, more desirable, word for nudist.

If so, I'm not sure what that has to do with animal cruelty, being healthier (you certainly can have unhealthy habits while nude), and increased stamina, strength, and speed.

I'm not criticizing or making any negative judgements about nudism, I just don't see the relationship with the above virtues. :confused:

Big-TDI-Guy

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2007
What does a naked plumber have to live for?

Discuss.

Well for one thing, he'd be the worlds best solderer, bet every joint has perfect wetting and no drips at all.

Also, he would be braver than I, for the above reasons.

Portable pipe snake for those pesky clogged traps!

iJohnHenry

macrumors P6
Mar 22, 2008
On tenterhooks
Well for one thing, he'd be the worlds best solderer, bet every joint has perfect wetting and no drips at all.

Also, he would be braver than I, for the above reasons.

Portable pipe snake for those pesky clogged traps!

I guess that would be analogise to a naturalist cooking bacon without an apron. :eek:

Big-TDI-Guy

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2007
Molten metal scares my penis a tad more than grease burns - its built up quite an immunity to those over the years. ;)

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
I walk around my apartment naked all the time. I generally don't care if people see me naked, and I'm sitting here in nothing but a towel in my hotel room thats falling off so I guess I'm kind of close to a naturist :p

Although I will be putting clothes on soon to go to Ken's House of Pancakes :eek:

R94N

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2010
UK
No but I don't have any problem with people who chose to live their lives exactly how they want to.

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
Ken's! Truthfully one of my favorite restaurants in the world. Last time I was in Hawaii I think I went almost every day.

...And no one wears clothes in Hilo. :p

It is a great restaurant! I've been there three times now (since its in walking distance from my hotel). Its like a Dennys (open 24 hours) only with good food and a ridiculously large menu. Theres like 250 different items!

Also I haven't seen nudists in Hilo yet but in Maui some friends I met up with and I interrupted a shower in a waterfall, and them when I was ocean kayaking I saw some dude playing nude frisbee with his dog on the beach.

And just a few minutes ago I accidentally flashed my hotel neighbors when I walked outside in a towel to check if my swim trunks were dry and the wind blew my towel off :eek:

The plus side to that was when reaching to retrieve it I found one of those awesome tiny little frogs that make insanely loud noise at night! They're like the size of a dime!

----------

No but I don't have any problem with people who chose to live their lives exactly how they want to.

I've actually never understood the issue with nudity. People make the human body out to be a dirty thing even though we all have one if we're still alive.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
It is a great restaurant! I've been there three times now (since its in walking distance from my hotel). Its like a Dennys (open 24 hours) only with good food and a ridiculously large menu. Theres like 250 different items!

The plus side to that was when reaching to retrieve it I found one of those awesome tiny little frogs that make insanely loud noise at night! They're like the size of a dime!
Have you seen anyone order a sumo meal yet? SUMO! *bangs gong*

And I remember the frog sounds well. It's ridiculous at night!

R94N

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2010
UK
I've actually never understood the issue with nudity. People make the human body out to be a dirty thing even though we all have one if we're still alive.

But violence is something people have become much more tolerant of because of the media. Yet nudity is supposedly a terrible thing.

gromit801

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2012
My wife and I are life time naturists/nudists. Even have a MeetUp Group for our area naturists and nudists. Also had a nude wedding.

Naturist: aka Nudist

Naturalist: John Muir, Darwin, etc.

Big-TDI-Guy

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2007
I am. In fact, I'm typing with my penis right now.

Anyone wanna use my keyboard?

There is a recent thread that should cover both aspects - How Often Do You Clean Your Gadgets. May be a worthwhile read for you...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.