Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Josh Kahane

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
Suffolk, UK
Hi

I have been adding some of my DVDs to my iTunes library recently and I have a question.

1. Is there an app that after adding my ripped DVD to iTunes using Handbrake to fetch any possible metadata for these movies?

OR

2. Is there an app which will rip my DVD and create a video file ready with meta data for iTunes?

Any help much appreciated, thanks.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I prefer using iTunes for music and Plex for movies, TV shows and music videos. Plex will automatically download movie/TV show metadata, including artwork and subtitles.

rbrian

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2011
Aberdeen, Scotland
I use Subler 0.14, which will search the tvdb.com and add metadata and artwork. It crashes fairly frequently, but opens again in no time. Later versions of Subler use a different search, which never ever finds any of my series - but it doesn't crash.

barredfreak

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2012
I apologize, I can't be of help here.

Instead of buying DVDs, you should consider renting HD movies directly from iTunes. They're cheaper and you can keep them for 30 days.

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
I apologize, I can't be of help here.

Instead of buying DVDs, you should consider renting HD movies directly from iTunes. They're cheaper and you can keep them for 30 days.

You only have 24 hours to keep the movie once you start watching it. Once the 24 hours is over, the movie gets deleted from your computer.

barredfreak

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2012
You only have 24 hours to keep the movie once you start watching it. Once the 24 hours is over, the movie gets deleted from your computer.

That is true, but it saves space, as I doubt most people would want to keep movies in their computer once they're done watching it, apart from good movies.

Josh Kahane

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
Suffolk, UK
I bought identity and it works brilliantly!

I haven't had a great deal of luck with it and TV Shows but thats not a big deal, it quickly filled tons of metadata in for my films so was worth the price.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.