Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andrewpturko

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 23, 2012
When trying to print from most applications (all native apps, some 3rd party), the application crashes. Becuase of this, I can't print anything. Is anyone else experiencing this after updating DP3?

UPDATE: Fix! It seems that the MLDP3 update did corrupt my printer drivers and the related.
I just deleted my printer preference file and reinstalled the printer driver. After a restart, everything's running smooth again. Hope this helps anyone experiencing the same issue.

Instructions:

Remove your printer from the printer preference pane
Delete your printer brand name found under /Macintosh HD/Library/Printers
Restart Mac
Add printer back (System Prefs will download necessary drivers and install your printer)
Everything should work now.

In case anyone is wondering, my specs are:

iMac 9,1 Early 2009, 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeFOrce 9400 256 MB

Last edited:

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
When trying to print from most applications (all native apps, some 3rd party), the application crashes. Becuase of this, I can't print anything. Is anyone else experiencing this after updating DP3?

Same. I have to switch to my Windows partition to print. Very annoying.

ssn637

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2009
Switzerland
My Canon BJC-55 inkjet printer is working fine in DP3, albeit with Gutenprint drivers. Have you tried downloading the latest (HP) printer drivers for Lion from Apple's support site? It may be that Mountain Lion doesn't provide its own set of drivers just yet.

andrewpturko

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 23, 2012
I can print, but only on some applications.

For example, I can print in Chrome, but not in Safari. Safari just crashes.

I've repaired permissions, have the latest drivers, etc, etc....
An update should corrupt your printer drivers.
Kind of annoying, but it is still in beta...and we wait...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.