Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andreibutilca

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 2, 2012
Hey everyone,

I have a question regarding my iPhone 4S, running iOS 5.1 and iTunes syncing.
I run apps that send me daily/specific notifications (like iStudiez). They usually work fine, but as soon as I decide to plug in my phone for a periodic iTunes sync, some apps stop giving their usual notifications (as soon as the next day) and I usually have to start tweaking and messing around with iOS and app settings to get things back working again.

My question (TL;DR): does a common everyday iTunes sync with an iPhone 4S (iOS 5.1) affect in any way the way apps give me notifications?

Thanks!

andreibutilca

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 2, 2012
Thanks for the answer!

In this situation, is there any other possible cause of why some of my apps stop sending notifications all of a sudden?
Note: switched from a 3GS recently, also upgraded iOS, had the problem sincer forever. Might be specific software bugs, having nothing to do with the iPhone and its OS?

Thanks.

andreibutilca

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 2, 2012
Offense taken . :p
Yep, I'm sure this is happening. Had like 4-5 assignments in a week, never got notified about them, nearly missed them. Had to manually check the app if anything got missing.
I'm really tired of manually doing things, you know, that's where the Notification Center should come in and like..do stuff on a stable basis without me having to come in and tamper with settings?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.