Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macAllen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2009
Las Vegas
A wood covered Smart Cover!

Finally got my iCarbon Dark Wood for my smart cover and its now complete!

Just look at it! Its safe to say I don't use my other cases :/

But they are truly the best of both worlds. Provides protection and gives it that naked feel.

Quality is amazing I had the back skin for a month now and its held up very well. No rips tears and even scratches!

Attachments

• DSC_0216-1.jpg
    DSC_0216-1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 210
  • DSC_0217-2.jpg
    DSC_0217-2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 150
  • DSC_0218-3.jpg
    DSC_0218-3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 140
  • DSC_0221-4.jpg
    DSC_0221-4.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 134
  • DSC_0224-5.jpg
    DSC_0224-5.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 146

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Very nice. I would go with the smart cover decals however I'd rather not risk messing up my black leather cover.

donnaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2011
Austin TX
I had that same wood iCarbons on my iPad 2 and it has held up very nicely for the last year. No scratches, no tears, still looks brand new. My grandkids have it now. I went for the Zagg leather for my new iPad but I must say that I still consider the iCarbon wood to be one of the best looking I have ever seen.

You did a great job. Enjoy!

Digidesign

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2002
what's better than a wood covered iPad? Hmm, it's a toss up between this wagon:

StationWagonWoodPaneling.jpg

or a wood panel room to use the iPad in:

phx70sdecor1.jpg

I think the room wins out in the end, simply because of the epic couch. Your iPad would fit right in!

echos

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2012
A wood covered Smart Cover!

Finally got my iCarbon Dark Wood for my smart cover and its now complete!

Just look at it! Its safe to say I don't use my other cases :/

But they are truly the best of both worlds. Provides protection and gives it that naked feel.

Quality is amazing I had the back skin for a month now and its held up very well. No rips tears and even scratches!

I kinda like it!

----------

I think the room wins out in the end, simply because of the epic couch. Your iPad would fit right in!

LOL. You make me not want it anymore.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Pretty interesting actually. Do the decals really stick on the smart cover or does the smart cover need to be the leather one?

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
The most deterimental selling point of a home...wood paneling. I know, I had to move many and its nearly impossible for buyers to see past the paneling.

In the end, lower offers alway occurred.

xStatiCa

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2009

--- cut ---

--- cut ---

Lol... I was interested in it too until I got to your post :). Oh how I hate the paneling look in a home or on a car. I have no idea why it looks decent on an ipad though. If you tarred and feathered an ipad and called it the brer rabbit case it would still probably look nice :). PowerSupport anti-fingerprint film would probably even have trouble with that case though :).

macAllen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2009
Las Vegas
Answering in one post... lets try it.

[IMG]
I think the room wins out in the end, simply because of the epic couch. Your iPad would fit right in![/QUOTE]

Touché. please read last statement.

[quote="zipur, post: 14824801"]Looks very heavy. Does sleep/wake work.
It looks psychedelic![/QUOTE]

Heavy? Not at all. Sleep and wake, why yes, yes it does. take a look at my review on another thread for more pictures... [URL="https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/14568880/"]https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/14568880/[/URL]

[quote="jessica., post: 14828959"]Pretty interesting actually. Do the decals really stick on the smart cover or does the smart cover need to be the leather one?[/QUOTE]
Yes indeed, they actually do not recommend you put the decals on the leather smart covers... Directly from web site [I]"If installed on the leather covers and ever removed, the adhesive WILL remove the gloss finish on the leather."[/I]

And lastly, to put an end of all the disenchanted for wood... [quote="xStatiCa, post: 14829531"]Lol... I was interested in it too until I got to your post :). Oh how I hate the paneling look in a home or on a car. I have no idea why it looks decent on an ipad though.[/QUOTE]
It look amazing because it combines both primitive, simple, natural, nature with the sophisticated and complex. What better can you come up with.

[B]Now in my opinion, the light wood, rather than the dark wood, like mine, would be a check mate for you [I]Digidesign.[/I] However, can't mess with logistics. [/B]

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.