Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trlyka

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 26, 2011
My phone makes the sound when I plug it in and shows the plug or lightening bolt in the battery icon, but the battery is not going up. Just down. Bad battery? Tried hard reset and 3 different chargers.

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
Does it charge if you connect to your computer? Are you using the same cable with all of the chargers? Is there any visible fraying on the cable insulation?

trlyka

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 26, 2011
Does it charge if you connect to your computer? Are you using the same cable with all of the chargers? Is there any visible fraying on the cable insulation?

No. It doesn't charge no matter where I have it plugged in. All the cables are different. I have a USB cable for my Mac, a USB to prong in the bedroom, and another USB to prong in another spot. All the wires are in good shape.

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
Hmm, I'd suspect an issue with the dock connector on the iPhone in that case. Bring it to an Apple Store and if you're in warranty they shouldn't give you any grief over replacing it outright.

trlyka

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 26, 2011
Hmm, I'd suspect an issue with the dock connector on the iPhone in that case. Bring it to an Apple Store and if you're in warranty they shouldn't give you any grief over replacing it outright.

I got the iPhone 4 when it first came out. When was that? Mid 2010? I have Apple care too.

trlyka

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 26, 2011
My phone is now dead from the battery issue. I have an appt. today at Apple, so I will update what they say/do later.

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
The AppleCare on an iPhone is good for 2 years, so you should still be under the coverage it provides.

trlyka

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 26, 2011
Apple replaced my phone. They couldn't get mine to turn on since it wouldn't hold a charge.

I synced from back up and everything looked good. But for some reason, I can't update my apps. I have 15 apps that need updating, but it says I don't have enough storage?:confused: Do they mean on my phone or iCloud? I didn't have an issue before. The message gives the option of 'Done' or 'Settings'. I choose settings and I assumed it would take me there but it doesn't. So why do I get the option? I'm sorry, but I am confused. These apps are already on my phone. These are just updates.

Based on the text messages and email, I think my last sync was 4/30 so I was updating the apps from then.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.