Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skuid87

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 2, 2012
I've been after a good App to help me organise information from meetings for quite a while now.

So far I've been using Notes, but it's just not the right tool for this.

I needs to be simple, productive and easy to use. Input should be straightforward and easy. Would also like to be able to group meeting by type.

Bonus feature is if it could pick up my meeting schedule from my calendar. That way I'll open the app and it'll already know which meeting I'm in, who the attendees are and in some cases what the agenda is.

And of course, a nice way to format all the agenda, attendees, minutes etc into a nice format to email out to everyone at the end of the meeting.

Any suggestions...?

Thanks in advance! :)

Fireproof!

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2008
Frisco, TX
I use Evernote to store all my meeting notes. I share certain notebooks with colleagues when we are collaborating on a project so we can see each others meeting notes. Works very well. Also love that I can access my notes whether I'm on my Macbook or iPad.

Don't think it handles your bonus feature request.

But you can set up "templates" to reuse, like agendas, actions, etc.

playerout

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2012
I use Evernote to store all my meeting notes. I share certain notebooks with colleagues when we are collaborating on a project so we can see each others meeting notes. Works very well. Also love that I can access my notes whether I'm on my Macbook or iPad.

Don't think it handles your bonus feature request.

But you can set up "templates" to reuse, like agendas, actions, etc.
I second Evernote!! It's the best and it's got all you need...
once you've tried...you can't do without aymore

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
I use Evernote for doing something like this too. I use it for pretty much everything. Upgraded to the premium user account since I was hitting my limit 10 days in or so. Yikes!

Great app,,,

skuid87

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 2, 2012
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll give Evernote a shot. Any tips/advice on ways I can get the most out of this? So far I've made a few notes and tagged them... haven't got past that yet.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll give Evernote a shot. Any tips/advice on ways I can get the most out of this? So far I've made a few notes and tagged them... haven't got past that yet.

That is pretty much it. If you download the desktop application you can make more folders with names etc. Each note can go into the folder you select. Tagging is great, I usually tag what the meeting was about, date i.e. 20120405 and some key words about that meeting for easy look up. You can do attachments like pictures (think white board pictures for later use). You can do audio (haven't done that yet personnally though).

My only complaint is I wish you could free flow the text and place it anywhere you want on the screen. Almost like Onenote does. But other than that I have really no grips about it. I have close to 500 notes already.

You can also download the webclipper which comes incredibly handy if some references the site you can clip the url/page etc. Very nice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.