Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Satnam1989

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 16, 2011
Illinois
Im starting to have a new issue aside from not being able to actuate iMessage+Facetime which ill fix once jailbreak is out

but for now my Gevey Ultra S continutes to give me "your iPhone has been successfully unlocked" randomly many times throughout the day and then it goes to "No Service" followed by "Searching" and then <1min gets signal again.....this process occurs 3-4times/day on its own without me doing anything at all.

Update May 09/2012 so far this issue has been resolved by the replacement chip I received from Battery-Juice....

Last edited:

allenjuncool

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2012
Question is how to stop the message sending to me in every 15 Min

I used Bell Cellphone on ATT.
I got the message in every 15min,
I wanna stop it but I do not know how to stop it

Satnam1989

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 16, 2011
Illinois

lol, there is no way to stop it sadly.....make sure u turn off iMessage and FaceTime....it slows it down but yes it is painful to have it continually send you a message and watch your money fly away.....unless ur jailbroken there is no way to fix it. hoping the JB team releases it soon:(

Satnam1989

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 16, 2011
Illinois
I wish the Gevey Ultra S for iPhone 4S used Carrier lab.plist instead of the Official Carriers.....that is whats causing the problem as the phone thinks you are still running on the Original Carrier's network....

On the side note....Once Jailbreak is out can I just replace the Carrier.plist, Carrier.pri, info.plist and version.plist from "CarrierLab.bundle" to "Rogers_ca.bundle"? is that ok to do? Can anyone confirm who is running iOS 5.0.1?, I found this info in my Factory Unlocked iPhone 4S so I was wondering if all I have to do is just copy the 4 files and swap them over.....

Last edited:

Satnam1989

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 16, 2011
Illinois
Please someone that has done such a thing with the carrier files please shed some light on the situation.

Satnam1989

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 16, 2011
Illinois
Buy an Rsim-3
You wont get any of the issues you're currently facing.

May you answer the following questions:

What Carrier your iPhone 4S is locked to?

What Carrier are you using your iPhone 4S wit?

What is the iOS Version of your iPhone 4S?

Can you post a picture of your "About" Screen showing "network" and "Carrier" portion so I can determine what method RSIM-3 uses just via the pic.

Thanks, This will help me a lot, I have worked with Rebel (RSIM-3 people) n in my eyes they are nothing but scammers, they never release anything before Gevey does n haven't so ever since these turbo SIM's have been out n available to people. People behind Rebel from my extensive research are nothing but pirates much like others who make fake Gevey and those that sell jailbreak for money when its free.

Also if Rebel was original they would have iPhone 4 unlock out by now....but they don't....conincident that as soon as Gevey announced that the method they used to unlock iPhone 4 iOS 5.1 was closed by apple.....well the ship also happened to sink for Rebel......only after...lol for those reasons I refuse to work with Rebel n their BS

Satnam1989

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 16, 2011
Illinois
Guys I have updated the original post with some articles/threads links covering the issue/fix for those of us using Gevey Ultra S on iPhone 4S.....now it would be greatly appreciated if someone that has a iPhone 4S on 5.0.1 using Gevey Ultra S can test it out for us and report back the results(and/or provide the solution to this issue if u already have done it)....you will have to read through the articles/threads that I posted (don't worry they are only few pages each...) thanks

----------

Hey I posted articles/threads/ on first page at bottom of the original post....please check out and test if you are jailbroken with you iPhone 4S.

allenjuncool

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2012
I also use Bell iphone4s work on ATT

I also got message in 15min again agiain.
right now I only wanna know how to cancel it.
I do not wanna use imessage and Facetime but I did not find any solution yet..
hope figuare it...

Satnam1989

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 16, 2011
Illinois
I also got message in 15min again agiain.
right now I only wanna know how to cancel it.
I do not wanna use imessage and Facetime but I did not find any solution yet..
hope figuare it...

ya sorry until jailbreak I my self can't offer you any better tips....if your iPhone 4S was jailbroken on iOS 5.0.1 before you should be able to restore it now....to iOS 5.0.1 from any version above it.

self

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
Just so I'm clear... If I have an AT&T iPhone 4S here in the USA, jailbroken at 5.0.1, I can bring that to Italy and buy an Italian sim there, and unlock in Italy with Gevey Ultra S? In other words, it works even though the phone can't see the AT&T network over there?

And it probably won't work with iOS6? Or it might if I don't upgrade the baseband? I know that's a ways off.

Satnam1989

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 16, 2011
Illinois
Just so I'm clear... If I have an AT&T iPhone 4S here in the USA, jailbroken at 5.0.1, I can bring that to Italy and buy an Italian sim there, and unlock in Italy with Gevey Ultra S? In other words, it works even though the phone can't see the AT&T network over there?

And it probably won't work with iOS6? Or it might if I don't upgrade the baseband? I know that's a ways off.

Yes with Gevey Ultra S you can use it on a Italian carrier/with Italian SIM and will work 100%, Although iMessage may not activate until you change the number it dials out....you can check that in the main post of this thread (#1) and refer to some of the articles to figure it out as it shouldn't be too much of a problem. But you can always use iMessage with email account, only downside could be like couple of us have reported is that your iPhone may continuously try to activate iMessage via the Phone number and that may end up costing you many $$ per text....in which ever currency your paying in.

As for iOS 6, the odds of this Gevey working are minimal...but u never know and always have hope:)

self

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
Yes with Gevey Ultra S you can use it on a Italian carrier/with Italian SIM and will work 100%, Although iMessage may not activate until you change the number it dials out....you can check that in the main post of this thread (#1) and refer to some of the articles to figure it out as it shouldn't be too much of a problem. But you can always use iMessage with email account, only downside could be like couple of us have reported is that your iPhone may continuously try to activate iMessage via the Phone number and that may end up costing you many $$ per text....in which ever currency your paying in.

Great! I already have iMessage disabled, and I can disable Facetime as well. It sounds like that should fix the problem.

allenjuncool

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2012
ya sorry until jailbreak I my self can't offer you any better tips....if your iPhone 4S was jailbroken on iOS 5.0.1 before you should be able to restore it now....to iOS 5.0.1 from any version above it.

My cellphone has already jailbroken now but I do not understand why I need to restore my iphone 4S and how can i solve this problem. Hope you can help me thank so much first...

Cheng Lun Yu

Satnam1989

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 16, 2011
Illinois
My cellphone has already jailbroken now but I do not understand why I need to restore my iphone 4S and how can i solve this problem. Hope you can help me thank so much first...

Cheng Lun Yu

Well then why don't you try to read my first post of this thread and try the solutions? U didn't tell me you were already jailbroken.

Satnam1989

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 16, 2011
Illinois
Now that jailbreak is out has anyone been able to try any of my solutions? I will be trying them out in the next week or so...Myy iPhone 4S the one thats locked and using with Gevey is out of the house for a while.

Last edited:

Satnam1989

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 16, 2011
Illinois
I have updated the original post again, now we are concentrating strictly on iOS 5.1.1 since jailbreak for it out. Would greatly appreciate your input who ever has a fix or is trying any of the first post mentioned methods out, again as soon as I get my hands on our other iPhone 4S that is using Gevey I will test them out my self and report back, I am pretty sure I'm not the only one having such a issue....

Satnam1989

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 16, 2011
Illinois
http://www.veengle.com/v/vj6W

anyone tried this one, currently i'm in USA and can't find out. i will post if it's legit:D

if u can try it would be great...i should be able to give it a go in a few days.....thing is its little different for iPhone 4S....seems he was using iPhone 4 tho....cause for iPhone 4S it uses the original carrier's carrier.plist as compared to iPhone 4 where it uses unknown/carrierlabs carrier.plist as far as I know....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.