Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chimmy

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
Often I play with my app and games called FL Commando,angry birds space and other games and apps that I play like Facebook thy will stop playing and take me back to the home screen when it crashes it will turn black then go the home screen (desktop) like my computer can take me back to desktop when my games. No error just a shotout when it crashes it will turn black then go back to home screen. Please help me cause I am back in my springboard Os their a way to fix it I am in iPod touch 4th gen with the latest version IOS (pre-installed) a y help

Thanks! Please send e something that can be nice

----------

Often I play with my app and games called FL Commando,angry birds space and other games and apps that I play like Facebook thy will stop playing and take me back to the home screen when it crashes it will turn black then go the home screen (desktop) like my computer can take me back to desktop when my games. No error just a shotout when it crashes it will turn black then go back to home screen. Please help me cause I am back in my springboard Os their a way to fix it I am in iPod touch 4th gen with the latest version IOS (pre-installed) a y help

Thanks! Please send e something that can be nice

Please help me

TheSuperSteve

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2011
Puerto Rico
Try restoring your iTouch to factory settings. I noticed you referred to the home screen as “springboard” which leads me to believe your iTouch is jailbroken. Try restoring as I said to clean out all the garbage you’ve installed on it and start fresh.

TresMusical1020

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2013
Yah, I have had the same problem many times. BUT TURNING YOUR IPOD TOUCH OFF AND TURNING IT BACK ON DOES NOT HELP. Sometimes it helps for other problems but not for this one. And no, it's not as simple as going out and buying new ones. Most people don't have enough money to do that. Plus, it would be ridiculous to go buy a new iPod touch for that reason!

stiligFox

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2009
What is happening is that your device is running out of RAM. The 4th gen iPod touch has very little RAM, and games and other applications tend to use it up quickly. iOS is designed in such a way that once an app or game is taking up to much RAM, it will be forced to quit to prevent the iPod from having serious issues.

One thing that will help is to double tap the home button, and clear out your multitasking tray when you are done with your apps. This will free up extra RAM for your current game/app to use.

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
What is happening is that your device is running out of RAM. The 4th gen iPod touch has very little RAM, and games and other applications tend to use it up quickly. iOS is designed in such a way that once an app or game is taking up to much RAM, it will be forced to quit to prevent the iPod from having serious issues.

One thing that will help is to double tap the home button, and clear out your multitasking tray when you are done with your apps. This will free up extra RAM for your current game/app to use.

This works along with rebooting your device. Some apps just can't run anymore with only 256mb.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.