Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

3bs

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
I was going to restore my 4S from to 5.0.1 using the new redsn0w. I'm already on 5.0.1. I picked 5.0.1 and 5.1.1 ipsw files but when I select my shsh it says it doesn't match my ipsw build. I tried both the 9a405 and 9a406 but neither worked. I tried locally. Then I tried from cydia but it said none could be found. Anyway, I unplugged my phone but it keeps saying connect to itunes. I think this is DFU mode? how do I get out of it?

I had already verified my shsh and apticket files so not sure why this happened. Right now my main concern is getting my phone to work.

Last edited:

ZCherub

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
GA, USA
I was going to restore my 4S from to 5.0.1 using the new redsn0w. I'm already on 5.0.1. I picked 5.0.1 and 5.1.1 ipsw files but when I select my shsh it says it doesn't match my ipsw build. I tried both the 9a405 and 9a406 but neither worked. I tried locally. Then I tried from cydia but it said none could be found. Anyway, I unplugged my phone but it keeps saying connect to itunes. I think this is DFU mode? how do I get out of it?

I had already verified my shsh and apticket files so not sure why this happened. Right now my main concern is getting my phone to work.

If it says "connect to iTunes", you're not in DFU mode. Try following the steps for DFU mode again once connected to the computer.

Sorry to hear - I remember you said you were in the middle of finals or something...

3bs

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
If it says "connect to iTunes", you're not in DFU mode. Try following the steps for DFU mode again once connected to the computer.

Sorry to hear - I remember you said you were in the middle of finals or something...

Yeah first and hardest final is in 2 days. Not the best time to be doing this.

I tried getting DFU mode and redsn0w could identify my device as being in DFU (recovery). I unplugged my phone and tried booting it and it booted. What did I do wrong? Why did it kept saying my shsh files aren't compatible with the ipsw build I picked? and it said no shsh files when I picked cydia instead of local.

ZCherub

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
GA, USA
Yeah first and hardest final is in 2 days. Not the best time to be doing this.

I tried getting DFU mode and redsn0w could identify my device as being in DFU (recovery). I unplugged my phone and tried booting it and it booted. What did I do wrong? Why did it kept saying my shsh files aren't compatible with the ipsw build I picked? and it said no shsh files when I picked cydia instead of local.

That is odd... Have you tried saving your blobs manually in RedSn0w? That's what I always do.

Did you check your blobs in RedSn0w before starting this process? You should get a pop-up with a yellow alert and a pineapple logo saying that blobs and APTicket were found, or something to that effect...

3bs

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
That is odd... Have you tried saving your blobs manually in RedSn0w? That's what I always do.

Did you check your blobs in RedSn0w before starting this process? You should get a pop-up with a yellow alert and a pineapple logo saying that blobs and APTicket were found, or something to that effect...

SUCCESS!

I've just downgraded from 5.0.1 back to 5.0.1. I'm going to rejailbreak soon.

ZCherub

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
GA, USA
SUCCESS!

I've just downgraded from 5.0.1 back to 5.0.1. I'm going to rejailbreak soon.

Well - what happened? What did you do? Any idea what went wrong? It would be good to post here for future reference...

3bs

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Well - what happened? What did you do? Any idea what went wrong? It would be good to post here for future reference...

No honestly I'm not sure. First time I tried using my stored blobs from TU which I had verified with redsn0w but they weren't accepted. I couldn't try fetching from Cydia cause I wasn't connected to the internet. This time I fetched from Cydia and they worked.

ZCherub

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
GA, USA
I get the feeling he wasn't really in DFU. RedSn0w will say you're in DFU. Not Recovery.

That was my initial thought as well. I did that once back in my 4.1/Greenpois0n days. Stuck on iTunes logo for a few hours while I sorted it out. Scared the crap outta me because I thought I totally messed the phone up, lol!

3bs

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
I get the feeling he wasn't really in DFU. RedSn0w will say you're in DFU. Not Recovery.

Not sure but so glad it's sorted now!

That was my initial thought as well. I did that once back in my 4.1/Greenpois0n days. Stuck on iTunes logo for a few hours while I sorted it out. Scared the crap outta me because I thought I totally messed the phone up, lol!

Haha yeah I was freaking out for a bit. First time downgrading. :p

Kyotoma

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2010
Carnegie and Ontario

Hah. I totally screwed my phone up because I let an installation package uninstall the Corona 5.0.1 Untether, which is a big no-no once it's installed. Had to go without my iPhone for a full work day because it was in an infinite respring loop. Ugh. Worst day ever. DFU restore and reJailbreak fixed it though. I guess I could have used iFunBox to manually install the Corona package but that would have been tedious. Plus I was at work and had other more important things to do.

3bs

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
I'm glad you got it sorted it out! :cool:

Thanks, so am I :p

The 1-2 second lag I had between pressing the home/wake button in the lock screen and when the screen actually lighted up is now gone! :D (this was my main reason for wanting to restore) I've installed most of the things I had prior to restoring. Haven't installed WinterBoard yet. I hope it wasn't it. I'm going themeless for a while. When I get bored I'll install it again and see if it was causing it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.